• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silverymoon Campaign - IC

Erekose13

Explorer
Silestrea Morand, half-elf sorceress

Silestrea stares in horror as the green orb bounds in her direction. Reflexively throwing her hands up in front of her face, the eye lands directly in her palm. As it transforms into the bracer, grafting itself to her arm, she claws at it in utter terror. Realizing that she has been screaming and that her upper arm is now red from scratches she quiets and holds her arm close to her body. Looking around for the first time, numbness sets in as the realisation of what the dragon said dawns on her. The others here all bear the same mark. They were all thrown together in this too. she thinks to herself. Perhaps things wont be so bad with the company assembled here.

As the knights reign in, her look turns to one of awe. She has always loved watching the Knights in Silver hoping one day to join their ranks as a Spellguard. She listens to Sir Alathar and is amazed to here that the High Lady Alustriel wants to see her. To See Her! The High Lady has been her role model for so long, but never had she dreamed of meeting the most amazing woman in the city. "Yes, of course. Please Sir Knight lead on." she stammers, all of a sudden self-conscious of her tone.

Zerth

First Post
Aram, half-elf monk

It all happened so fast, that at first Aram didn't know what to say or even think. He had thought this was going to be the one day of the year even a monk could relax and observe in peace the busy festival activities, all the excitement and joy, that always filled the city this time of the year. But no, this was nothing like all the previous years had been. Come to think of it, there would probably never going to be a day like this in his life again.

When Aram managed to gather his wandering thoughts, there was only one thing in his mind. "Fate." He realized he hadn't really even tried to dodge the green orb just minutes earlier. "Fate." He hadn't tried to remove the strange bracer on his arm, he knew it was in vain. "Fate." And what were the last words of the great dragon Garlyntraxil? "You cannot escape this fate."

The usually observant monk didn't even notice the approaching knights and some other people wearing similar bracers gathering near him. "Yes, fate...", was all he muttered, when the voice of the knight commander brought him back from the depths of his mind. Quickly realizing the seriousness of the matter Aram answered simply, "Yes, commander. I am honored to go with you."

"And I am Aram, monk from the order of Mystra," he said to continue the introductions Willow began. "I am glad I can share this fate with such honorable companions," Aram continued bowing politely to everyone at present.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Silestrea Morand, half-elf sorceress

Realizing that she had forgotten to introduce herself to those around her, Silestrea stands as tall as she can manage and says, "Oh um I forget myself let me introduce myself, I am Silestrea Morand of Silverymoon. I guess we are fated as Aram here says. Please call me Sil."

Thanee

First Post
Willow, female wood elf druid

Willow nods at Enalia. “We'll soon find out.”

A white wolf looks at the group from behind some grates at a deserted market stand, where he had taken cover from the dragon's "attack". He seems reluctant to enter the widely spaced marketplace once more and looks around for any signs of the huge green lizard.

Willow gestures the animal to come closer, which immediately follows her request. A few rewarding strokes later, she stands back up and smiles at her new aquaintances. “And this here is Ivory, he accompanies me whereever I go.”

Last edited:

ControlFreak

First Post
Tsoren Gildersham - Human Rog1

As the group is walking, I assume they are drawing quite a bit of stares from the people in the city. Tsoren will try to stay as close to the center as possible so as not to draw too much attention to himself.

In his head, Tsoren goes over everything he's done since getting to Silverymoon to figure out which "thing" caught the attention of a dragon. Nothing notable comes to mind.

He says, "Hello Willow .. Fizzlesomething .. umm .. Aram .. and .. well everyone, I'm Tsoren." He glances at Aram and continues, "and I don't believe in fate."

Tsoren turns to the knight, "so sir, who is this High Lady Alustriel?"

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
As they walk, Enalia keeps looking around her, drinking in the sights of the city, even with the threat of the dragon looming in the background of her thoughts.

Zerth

First Post
Aram, half-elf monk

ControlFreak said:
He glances at Aram and continues, "and I don't believe in fate."
Aram smiles briefly. "Some call it fate, to others it's luck or misfortune. But whatever it is, it has brought us together and only that matters in the end, my friend."

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Dain - dwarven ranger

Dain seems embarrassed at all the attention they are getting, and none too pleased with it. He pulls his grey hood up over his head, and doens't look at anyone as they walk with the knights.

Breezly

First Post
Seonaid said:
"My name is Enalia Astariat," she replies to Willow. "It is . . . nice to meet you as well, though it causes me to wonder why we were chosen. What have we in common that a dragon and the Lady would want us?"

Sernius Alathar looks to Enalia and Willow as a contingent of Knights in Silver forms around the group. "Something in common? Nay my lady, I think it was mere chance. By word of it, those baubles were bouncing about the Market and luck only brought them to you."

With that, the small detachment of Knight in Silver surround the party, 8 to either side of you column formation with Sernius Alathar at the lead.

Looking around, the Market is in disarray. The tents are scattered from the wind and the people trying to escape. Many of them are moving about the plaza now, some looking up to the sky, others looking at you. A mix of fear and wonder fill their eyes as you start to proceed past them.

Looking down to the bracers, the eye seems to move within the orb. You are unsure as to the metal of the bracer, but it is light and hard, made of a green substance you have never seen before. And, as before, there seems to be no means of removing it.

Breezly

Thanee

First Post
Willow, female wood elf druid

As they walk towards the palace of the High Lady Alustriel, Willow also looks around curiously, trying to get a good impression of this place. She hasn't been to this city - or any city of this magnificience - in all her life. Ivory is staying close to her, the wolf is obviously well-trained.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads