D&D 5E Simple character pregens for 5th edition new players

I'm looking to run my first game for family possibly friends down the line and they have never played . I want to simplify the 5th edition sheet/pregen to make it less complicated. This would be for 1st level . Ive actually found a fighter/paladin/cleric pregens that are real basic and are perfect. I'm looking for a rogue/spellcaster preferably wizard that are also simplified and don't look "super busy/complicated" for new player . the cleric had assigned starting spells with basic descriptions. I'm looking for the same for rogue/wizard.

Thanks

akr71

Hero
Are you looking for a multiclass rogue/wizard? You won't find one for first level. The way the mulitclass rules for 5E work, that would require a level 2 character with one level in rogue one level in wizard. And if you are looking for simple, it would be best to avoid multiclass altogether.

If I mis-understood, then here are some pregens... http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets
If the race/class combo you want is not there, choose the class and remove the racial bonuses/features and add for the appropriate.

Tony Vargas

Legend
I didn't think the rogue was complicated. For the caster, just do the prep step for them, so the sheet lists, something like "You can cast two spells a day from the following, either two different spells, or the same one twice:" Then list the prepared spells you've selected, with their complete descriptions.

When the player asks if he can ever get new or different spells, introduce the neo-Vancian prep concept.

akr71

Hero
No, but you could easily make the high-elf wizard into human. A High Elf gets DEX +2 & INT +1 and Humans get +1 across the board, so the new stats would be:
STR 11 (0)
DEX 15 (+2)
CON 13 (+1)
INT 16 (+3)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 9 (-1)

AC 12/15 with Mage Armor

Scrap Fey Ancestry, Darkvision and Trance
Scrap the longsword, shortsword, longbow and shortbow weapon proficiencies
Skills: Perception is now +4
Passive Perception is now 14

Remove ads