• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

Simply6: A Fast, Light Universal RPG

Simply6 is a fast, light tabletop roleplaying game for 2 or more players which you can play using just six-sided dice. I put this together over the last couple of days in my spare time (based on something I was playing with in the forums a while back) and have uploaded it to DTRPG. It's only about 20-pages long, and will likely be tweaked and updated after I get some feedback.

282161.jpg

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 23.01.02.png

Russ Morrissey

Comments

Morrus

Administrator
Staff member
I think you'll like v1.5. Simple abilities for when you level up, a new Charge! action, and minor skill tweaks.

I -do- like v1.5 but some more typos snuck in.

Living Statue
Fortitude 5d6 (14) - should be (17)

Minotaur
Athletics 4d6 (17) - should be (14)

Vampire
Magic 3d6 (14) - should be (10)

And Minotaur, Ogre, Orc, Troll, and Tyrannosaur all have negatives in Persuasion, Perception, or Knowledge of -1d6 that should result in 2d6 (7) but are listed as 1d6 (3) instead.

jmucchiello

Adventurer
I just noticed the first page. If you are going to explain dice: "If you see something telling you to roll 3d6, then you roll three six-sided dice." You may as well add "and add up the results. So if the three dice read 3, 2, and 5, the result is 10."

I mean, sure we all know that. But we also know what 3d6 means. So if you are going to explain, explain it fully.

I still think Equipment should be before Monsters. But that's just me, perhaps. The Advanced Rule section needs a better name. It also should say, each special ability adds to your character level. It can be inferred from the Monster section so maybe it isn't necessary. YMMV.

Antidote: So, instead of the player rolling 5 or 6 to remove the poison effect, this other character can spend his action automatically removing the poison effect? Is that how it works? (I assume this happens on Phase 4 of combat.)

Morrus

Administrator
Staff member
Antidote: So, instead of the player rolling 5 or 6 to remove the poison effect, this other character can spend his action automatically removing the poison effect? Is that how it works? (I assume this happens on Phase 4 of combat.)
Yup.

Morrus

Administrator
Staff member
[MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION] Download it again; adventure restored to its full glory! (should be file 1.6a)

fengmd

Villager
I haven't read all this, but if it's all based on 3D6 and is universal, it sounds similar to a much older and well-established system, GURPS. :)

Morrus

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't read all this, but if it's all based on 3D6 and is universal, it sounds similar to a much older and well-established system, GURPS. :)
It’s not GURPS. Sorry, zero pointless snark points for you. Thanks, though. ;)

More typo stomping - hope it’s helpful!

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Assimilator [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]All the positives are off by a d6 (+1d6 should = 4d6 not 5 etc). Level might need adjusting depending on how you fix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]BattlePsyche[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Formatting is wonky. Continues thru Bounty Hunter.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Blaster Turret[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Under Stationary “the only action they ca take” ca=can[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Bounty Hunter[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Should be Level 5[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Darklord[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fighting & Defense are off (+2d6 should = 5d6, not 6). Level might need adjusting depending on how you fix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Exterminator[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]All the positives are off by a d6 (+1d6 should = 4d6 not 5 etc). Level might need adjusting depending on how you fix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hunter Killer HK500 [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fighting is off by a d6 (+1d6 should = 4d6 not 5 etc). Level might need adjusting depending on how you fix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hunter Killer HKX[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fighting is off by a d6 (+1d6 should = 4d6 not 5 etc). Level might need adjusting depending on how you fix.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Science Officer[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Should be Level 8[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Star Knight[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Under missile deflection it says “Once per round the dark lord...” “dark lord” Should be “star knight”[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

jmucchiello

Adventurer
I think charge should be moved to the special abilities section. Why would someone not charge if they were primarily a melee combatant? What is the downside to charging?

The description in the special section (which still needed a better name) would just say "A charge attack is resolved during the melee phase of combat."

Morrus

Administrator
Staff member
I think charge should be moved to the special abilities section. Why would someone not charge if they were primarily a melee combatant? What is the downside to charging?

The description in the special section (which still needed a better name) would just say "A charge attack is resolved during the melee phase of combat."
You remind me of a boss I once had. ;)

jmucchiello

Adventurer
I'm the one who proposed such a supplement earlier in the thread. (And I have half a document written.) But I am not associated with the makers of the above file and know nothing about it. (And my suggestion was SimplySuper, not Simply Supers. The space and the s differ.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Latest threads

Advertisement