Since Gen Con is moving to Indiana, what will Wisconsin be left with?

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
EricNoah said:

Just me and Gary Gygax! :eek:

Right...and a few other pretty well-known gamers to boot. Frank Mentzer's up north, Jim Ward is near Lake Geneva, and Rob Kuntz is over Milwaukee way to name just a few more.

There might be some con put together hereabouts, and I'd sure be happy to back it. Sort of feel like I'm saying: "Save your Milwaukee hotel reservations, boys. Wisconsin will rise again!"

:rolleyes:

Gary

Pelosan Emperor

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:

*since it's not in the middle of winter - Indy does NOT know how to plow even a moderate snow fall.

I hate to burst your bubble but in the last two years, Indy has been doing a pretty good job of clearing the streets after a snowfall. The new Mayor has made some organizational changes that have resulted in most of the streets (other than the small neighborhood side-streets) being plowed pretty quickly.

Of course it helps that our last two winters have been fairly mild...

PE

edit: spelling. grrr!

Last edited:

Ciaran said:
So... just what is this custard stuff, anyway? I assume it's not the same as what you find in an eclair...

- Eric

Milwaukee's version of ice cream. It's frozen custard, and pretty much treated like ice cream - make sundaes, put it in cones, use it for banana splits, etc.

Pelosan Emperor

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:

Milwaukee's version of ice cream. It's frozen custard, and pretty much treated like ice cream - make sundaes, put it in cones, use it for banana splits, etc.

At the risk of getting myself into a rut: we've got frozen custard in Indy too... Ritters Frozen Custard stands are very heavy traffic areas April - November. :cool:

Pelosan Emperor said:

At the risk of getting myself into a rut: we've got frozen custard in Indy too... Ritters Frozen Custard stands are very heavy traffic areas April - November. :cool:

I've seen them elsewhere, too. Lots of places have them.

But in Milwaukee, they're busy year round. I mean, "Hello, Milwaukeans, it's cold out & you're eating custard!" Of course, maybe people here like the cold. Heck, our furnace just went out, and we're not having it replaced until Monday. Overnight lows in the 20's just doesn't seem cold. Must be all that custard.

And there are a lot of custard stands. I've never seen this custard stand density in other areas. It's just weird. There are a few ice cream or frozen yogurt places, but mostly custard.

And Milwaukee has had these custard stands for years, long before it became the "in thing" in some other places (like Virginia, where someone has opened up a "Milwaukee-like" custard stand--that's they're description).

When I'm in Cincinnati, I go to Graeters for their ice cream. But when friends visit Milwaukee, it's custard.

Now I'm wondering if any of the stands would do a "Flavor of the Day" for GenCon.....

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Re: Re: Since Gen Con is moving to Indiana, what will Wisconsin be left with?

Jack Haggerty said:

Cheese, sausage and the highest number of bars per capita in North America.

Those are all positives. The negatives not mentioned are the herds of Illinois tourist that plage the state year around...

:eek:

Gary

Remove ads