D&D 4E Since the announcement of D&D Next, are you still buying 4E product?

Are you still buying 4E product?

IronWolf

blank
I have not purchased much 4e at all. I think only a PHB that I was able to get at Half-Price Books. In some ways I think 5e has made me more likely to pick up some deals on 4e stuff at Half-Price Books as a I see them. At least some of the core stuff for the hint of collector in me. We'll see.

Incenjucar

Legend
Definitely getting the Elemental Chaos book. Maybe getting the Dungeon thing. Probably going back and filling out my "X Power" collection after that.

I'm not happy with how absurd the dollar-per-content has gotten, but that just seems to be WotC MO anymore.

That said, I can't answer your poll because I don't buy everything, but 5E hasn't change my purchasing behavior. Early 4E just had a better signal-to-noise ratio than Essentials+.

Last edited:

Harlekin

First Post
I'm definitely buying the Dungeon Survival Guide - if it has kobolds as PCs in it, I'm buying it. Very curious about Undermountain. I'll have to see reviews of it, but I might pick that up. Aside from that, I don't recall many other actual products coming out.

Besides, the more I read about 5e, the more I'm inclined to stick with 4e. Which may mean picking up a lot of discounted 4e books.

Pretty much this.

Pour

First Post
I'm definitely buying the Dungeon Survival Guide - if it has kobolds as PCs in it, I'm buying it. Very curious about Undermountain. I'll have to see reviews of it, but I might pick that up. Aside from that, I don't recall many other actual products coming out.

Besides, the more I read about 5e, the more I'm inclined to stick with 4e. Which may mean picking up a lot of discounted 4e books.

Bingo.

Invisible Stalker

First Post
I'm still buying the Dungeons Tiles, Map Packs and an occasional Box Game. The last books I bought for 4E were the Essentials paperbacks in the fall of 2010.

There is a good chance I will spend more on new 1E product this year than all other RPG purchases put together.

2013 is looking good though.

My option wasn't on the poll- I'm still buying 4Ed stuff on a product-by-product basis, same as before. I have plans to buy HoEC, but not much else has gotten my attention.
Same for me: maintaining the status quo of my purchasing pattern was missing from the poll, which is buying only what appeals to me. I buy all the core rule books and player options type books: PHBs, DMGs, 'Powers' books, and 'Heroes of' books. After that, I've been a bit more choosy: the first Adventurer's Vault, MM 1-3 (but not the Dark Sun, MV, or Nentir Vale books), Manual of the Planes, most of the campaign settings, RC, Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium.

As for from here on in, I'll be getting Heroes of the Elemental Chaos, and maybe the dungeon survival book.

Remove ads