D&D 4E Since the announcement of D&D Next, are you still buying 4E product?

Are you still buying 4E product?

Mercurius

Legend
I'm curious if your buying patterns have changed with the announcement of D&D Next. Are you still buying 4E product?

As I write this, I don't know exactly what the poll options are going to be, but I've pretty much stopped buying 4E product. This isn't only because of D&DN, though, as I'm planning on transitioning to Pathfinder until D&DN comes out. But I'd probably be buying some stuff if D&DN hadn't been announced.

Rechan

Adventurer
I'm definitely buying the Dungeon Survival Guide - if it has kobolds as PCs in it, I'm buying it. Very curious about Undermountain. I'll have to see reviews of it, but I might pick that up. Aside from that, I don't recall many other actual products coming out.

Besides, the more I read about 5e, the more I'm inclined to stick with 4e. Which may mean picking up a lot of discounted 4e books.

S'mon

Legend
I haven't bought any 4e stuff in awhile, though I GM and play regularly, so "No - I stopped buying 4E before 5E was announced"

My most recent purchases:

Bunch (£37) of Reaper prepainted plastic minis online last night.
Two Paizo flipmats, online couple days ago, waiting for them.
Pathfinder Beginner Box online last month - brilliant, everyone should have one! :D
Castles & Crusades "Fields of Battle" minis rules, impulse purchase at FLGS.

I think my last 4e purchase was close to 6 months ago, maybe 4 months for minis. The last 4e purchase I've really enjoyed and used was Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale.

Last edited:

Holy Bovine

First Post
I stopped buying 4E stuff when the character builder went all crappy (re: online). I would like to get Heroes of the Elemental Chaos simply because I think the Elemental Chaos is one of the best ideas for planar cosmology to ever come out of D&D. I am disappointed it is only 160 pages, hardcover/expensive and apparently has only a minimal amount of fluff.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I stopped playing 4e after about a year and a half of play. We had fun, but the system's upsides weren't worth the downsides for both me and my group. Even if we had continued playing, we probably wouldn't have purchased any more material. It was getting to be a bit too much to cope with for us already.

I am now happily playing Trailblazer, and DMing 4e did teach me a few things about making encounters exciting, so all's fine and dandy.

fba827

Adventurer
my buying habits have not changed.
though i don't (and never did) buy "everything" as noted in the poll - i just buy what has strong appeal to me, which usually amounts to maybe 1 item every 6 months, if even that.

true, once there is (a) a more concrete release date, and (b) it seems like the next edition is solid enough for me to want to switch to it based on previews, then yes i would become exceptionally more picky if not stop buying altogether at that time.

Last edited:

Ajar

Explorer
I'm interested in several of this year's 4E products, but I haven't decided if I'm going to buy them. I'm keeping my D&DI sub, though; I'm running Zeitgeist and WotBS, plus playing in my girlfriend's Tomb of Horrors 4E game. And wrapping up my long-running play by post d20 Iron Heroes game, but that isn't 4E-related.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
None of the poll options really reflects my position, I subscrible to DDI and only buy the occasional porduct that gives me ideas as a DM. So I could see my self gettting the Elemental Chaos book but not sure about other stuff right now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases