Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I'd say if we are about to the point of exhaustion that it'll start affecting rolls and checks, then we should rest. Or maybe resting now is good becuase once we reach whatever is at the end of this tunnel we may not be able to rest again easily. But if the others would rather press on, Phoenix will agree to that. If we rest, she'll take any place in the watch order.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: For what its worth, I'm enjoying this 3 character game. The small group is facilitaing a fast pace. Hope we can keep it up & survive with our odd little trio...

IC: Rowan is ready to rest, agreeing that he doesn't want to catch up unless they're ready for a fight. I suppose a fire is out of the question. Do they want to keep torches or sunrods going all night? I suppose so. Since none are spellcasters or have darkvision, the watch order is pretty irrelevent. How about Rowan, Phoenix, Lookspring.

Rowan has only three torches. "I read about light spells in those books I checked out in Orussus. I think I can actually create it." He mumbles in crude draconic and waves his hands about. Nothing. "Damn."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Worn out from the long hours of tracking coupled with the stress of expecting an attack at any moment, Lookspring's pace begins to slacken. You can tell he is trying not to show his fatigue in front of the others and doesn't stop until the others are ready for a break as well. "If we are to stop, we should search out a defensible position. We do not want any snake people to sneak up on us while we sleep." He searches the surrounding area looking for a narrow point in the tunnel that could create a bottleneck. Once he finds the best position he can, he moves ahead of the group some 30' to scatter his pouch of caltrops. Once finished he returns to the group to join them in a small meal. "So do you think we are still on the island? Perhaps we have wandered all the way out to the sea. There might be water above our heads at this very moment. After we have killed all the snake men I hope we find another well to the surface. I would rather face hydra and bears than another long trek back in this darkness."

OOC - Aye, a fast moving PbP game is a real pleasure

BigB

First Post
For the most of the night all is well and quiet. At the end of Looksprings shift, just as he was about to wake the others a noise ahead brings everyone alert quickly. A roar, but from no normal beast as a bear or anything like it. It is difficult to tell how far ahead in the tunnel it could be, but close enough to make hair stand on the back of your neck. It almost sounds as a warning or a challenge.

ooc: you all get equivalent of 8 hours rest.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan jumps up anxiously at the roar. But as no immediate danger appears, he begins to dress liesurely into his armor. When he's all ready, he gestures ahead with his guisarme. "Sounds like someone wants to see us."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix, F Elan Soulknife 4 (AC: 20, HP: 40/40, PP: 6/6)

Phoenix is woken up by Rowan to take her turn on watch duty. Yawning a time or two, she takes a drink from her waterskin and then splashes some of the water on her face to help wake her up. Folding up her bedroll to sit upon, she feels like eating just to help pass the time. But knowing this would be a waste of her rations, she doesn't. (She spent a power point before sleeping to activate her Repletion ability so she doesn't need food or water for 24 hours.) In the small light available, she watches and listens for danger in the dark. But mostly she watches Rowan sleeping...and wonders about him. Finally, she wakes up Lookspring for the last shift and climbs back into her bedroll to sleep for a few more hours...

Until she is suddenly awakened by the roar from the tunnel ahead. It is for times such as this that she always sleeps with her armor on. (It's light armor, so no penalty.) She straps on her shield and then activates her mindblade before stepping in front of Rowan. She will stand against whatever comes until he is armored up. "Get ready Lookspring!" she hisses quietly to the Katara. "And if you have free time, help Rowan get those straps and buckles into place faster."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring crouches low for a moment after the roar echoes down the tunnel. He listens intently for the sound of approaching footfalls. When nothing immediately charges them, he moves over to Rowan to help tighten buckles on his armor. He chafes at the delay though, and constantly pauses to look nervously over his shoulder.
"What was that? It sounded big. Do snake men roar? Mine does not. Perhaps a dragon or a horror from the underworld!"

When the group is ready to move out, Lookspring moves to the rear and reminds them to watch their step when they reach the field of caltrops he laid. If he has time he attempts to collect as many as possible before they move on.

BigB

First Post
Nothing immediately approaches. Lookspring is able to help Rowan fasten his armor and collect his caltrops. With gear collected, weapons ready the group can continue forward.

ooc: Marching order?

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Hard to say Lookspring. I guess we'll have to identify it after we kill it." Phoenix says half jokingly as they continue further down the passage.

OOC: If the passage is 10', how about Phoenix and Rowan up front with Lookspring ready with his bow from behind them. Unless he'd rather scout/recon again?

Remove ads