Sinister Spire (Group 2)(Orsal Judging)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Huh, Ist vhat I thought vould be to happen."

Pendrake gets a good grip in his sword and shield to ensure his fighting stance, also re-checking hsi footing.

orsal

LEW Judge
Eight scaly, fish-headed humanoid creatures emerge from the water and begin climbing onto the bridge, five of them in front of you and three behind you. You can now all see them.

Eanos can react as they first emerge from the water; the rest of you, according to Round 1 initiatives:
Eanos
Semabin 21
f8 18
Pendrake 16
f3 16
f6 15
f2 12
f1 12
f4 11
f5 4
f7 4
Eanos 3

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos' muscles tense as the creatures begin climbing out of the water. Guessing they'd reach him before he could make use of the sling in his bag, he instead readies himself to meet the first to come too close.

[sblock=OOC]Between the surprise round and Eanos' atrocious initiative, I think the best choice is a readied action (which might also have the benefit of bumping said initiative).

Might as well try out Eanos' new feat (Improved Trip). Eanos will ready a trip attempt against the first creature to come into melee range with him. I think I have all the relevant rolls here (though I really wish some of those numbers were in a different order ;) ):

(Improved) Trip attempt: Touch attack, Str check, Unarmed attack, damage (1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=13, 1d20+6=13, 1d8+2=6)

If I've grossly misread the scenario and the creatures are much further away (will take more than a round or more to get to us), let me know and I'll amend if that's all right. [/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
If the ground seems save enough, Semabin will rush towards the nearest fish creature and strike at it with his drawn scimitar, focusing his attention on that particular foe for now.

[sblock=ooc](
Scimitar attack (1d20+8=21, 1d6+1=4); Dodge on the attacked foe (AC 18)
The bridge has been described as up to 2 feet over the water, so I don't think these foes will take long to climb up.
Orsal, you mentioned a pale light - I presume it is not bright enough to see by without torches?)[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Yes, the bridge is low enough at this point (the aforementioned damage puts this part closer to the water) for the fishmen to climb up easily and quickly. It is, however, only wide enough for single file. And the light you see is coming from far away (the island city), so without torches it wouldn't illuminate your view.

On the bridge:

f1 f2 f3 E P S f6 f7 f8

From the water, f4 and f5 are both holding weapons, spear an quarterstaff respectively. They are poised to attack from the water. The others are unarmed and attacking from the bridge.

Round 1:
Semabin (init 21) grabs his scimitar and attacks f6, slicing it for 4 HP damage.
f8 (init 18) can't reach anyone
Pendrake (init 16) is in the middle, Eanos and Semabin between him and the fishmen on either side. With a quarterstaff, f5 is below him. If Pendrake wants to make a melee attack into the water, that would require reaching over, thus risking falling in (DC 10 balance check to stay on the bridge, no taking 10).

Eanos (readied, new init 16) -- I'll adjudicate the rest of the round after getting Pendrake's action.
f3 16
f6 15
f2 12
f1 12
f4 11
f5 4
f7 4

Scott DeWar

Pendrake rumages in his sack for a potion (bull's strength) and quaffs it (standard action, right?)

he then moves the side and will take on one of the fish devils there (If I need to choose, the let it be the one with the spear)

action over

orsal

LEW Judge
Pendrake rummages through his sack, where he thinks he has four potions, but... he only finds one. And it's not the one he was looking for. It's the Cure Serious Wounds, which isn't what he's looking for right now.

So what does he do with his standard action this round? If he wants to attack, which weapon does he use?

Scott DeWar

-confused and frustrated-

Pendrake curses some in his native language then takes his long sword and attacks one of the fish demons creatures .....

OOC: if i read this correctly, he can only attack the fishheads on the side of the bridge, right? (and must amdke a dc 10 balence check or fall in)

Remove ads