Six From Gate Pass - A War of the Burning Sky Campaign (3.5)

Gregor

First Post
Haddin narrows his eyes at Hrimr: "Are you that thick in the head because you're a plod or because you're built so low to the cave floors that you half-men construct your homes in? Both? It is a simple matter of explaining that the inquisitor was slain in the battle and he is the only-" Haddin's tirade stops when he notices the soldier groggily getting to his feet. "Ah, you're awake! You took a nasty blow to the head back there during the battle, but you're alive and well. Hurry along now and head back to your masters. Inform them that I, Haddin, have fled to the Shining Lands of Shahalesti along with my daughter. The inquisitor you traveled with was annihilated by my powers as a warning against any future attacks. I have no interest in Ragesia and have moved on. Have you got all that?" The soldier nods while scratching at his head. "Good, be gone then!"

The confused soldier opens his mouth, but nothing comes out and he stands there looking foolish as he struggles to grasp for something to say. Instead he gives Haddin a salute and marches out the back door and towards the road.

Adjuntive

First Post
Alric shakes his head watching the exchange between Haddin and the soldier. He feels the impulse to leave the building lest he fall under the man's spell as well.

Alric sheds his hulking oaken tower shield in favor of the fallen soldier's steel shield.
Better to travel lighter. Plus the oak may catch fire in the forest.

Also the silver bastard sword catches his eye. He picks it up and examines it.

"Curious. It's made of silver. Would any of you know why a blade would be made of silver?" Alric also lifts the scabbard for the weapon, intending to carry it with his already burgeoning arsenal of weapons.

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr shakes his head at the wizard.

"One should always be cautious when dealing with the Ragesians. Do you really think they won't send people to investigate the loss of an inquistor? Especially when they are so close? You smug wizards acting like you know everything. What will you do next time? You couldn't even handle a reanimated orc, what will you do when they send more real ones?"

digimattic

First Post
Arnir is sipping his wine as Hrmir and Haddin engage each other and nearly snorts his wine out of his nose as he struggles to suppress his laughter however, having suffered the stinging barbs of Haddin's sharp tongue, he says nothing, but sips his wine with a large grin.

The fools can rot here for all I care....

Finishing his wine, he dips into the last of his fine whiskey...It was a particularly fine vintage, and he's sad to see it go. He offers the last of it to Bannock, whom he's developed a strange respect for, like an incorrigible toddler that somehow makes you smile.

Looking over at the pile of looted items, he casts detect magic to see if he can detect any auras from them.

OOC: ....gotta be :):):):)ing kidding me.

Bannock

First Post
Bannock takes a moment to revel in victory over the inquisitor's men. He kicks the wrecked body of the inquisitor to roll it on its back, and then pulls off the skull helmet to look at the fallen villain's face.

"You won't be the last of your kind I kill. I know it!"

He drops the helmet on the ground and smashes it with a single stomp. For a while, Bannock stands outside the door of the house, and feels invigorated by the morning sun.

After a minute or two, he goes back inside, and accepts Arnir's offer of wine.

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
Haddin merely glowers at the Dwarf: "Finish your drink and be gone."

[sblock="For Arnir"]The following items register as magical: the 6 scrolls (which you can just read with read magic), the wand, the golden brooch, the vial from the half-orc and the 2 vials from the dead soldier.

The bear mask registered as magical as well. Its now a shattered pile of bone.

You can make a spellcraft check for each of these items if you want to identify them.[/sblock]

GM: Arnir, and anyone else, remember that you can re-roll your hit dice if it comes up as a 1. You only get one re-roll though and you have to keep that value ... even if its a 1 again. :)

Torrent finishes her wine, wishes Crystin well and heads outside saying: "Lets pack up and get moving. If this old codger wants to die in his house with his daughter at his side, that is his prerogative. We have a mission to accomplish ... so lets get moving."

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
GM: Bannock, and everyone else, check your email inbox.

Also, as requested on the general guidelines/rules for our game, please email any rules or side questions to keep the board clear for in character stuff. You can review them on the first post in our very long Chapter 1 thread here

digimattic

First Post
Arnir scoops up the fragments of the bear mask and places them carefully in his pack, looking slightly saddened as he does so.

"I wish you hadn't done that, Bannock."

Then, identifying the other items with an aura, he points them out to both Torrent and Bannock and asks if they would be so kind as to make sure none of them get similarly destroyed. "These items are magical in some way, though I'm not going to try and identify them right now...Would you kindly take care of them?"

Lastly, he gathers up the 6 scrolls and walking out the door, he asks "Shall we camp tonight? I could use a chance to rest and study, but I'd like to get as far from this cottage as possible."

Gregor

First Post
Torrent packs away the items and grabs the horses from the stable. You all mount up and begin to ride down the road, the farmhouse looming behind you. Crystin stands on one of the small hills outside her front door and waves, a look of sadness and disappointment painted on her young face.

You ride for no more than a mile down the gently sloping road which leads to an old stone bridge that spans a steaming creek. The road continues into the fire forest, presumably becoming the Old Elf Road that you are meant to follow.

The fire forest looms in front of you: ancient pines, aspen and hemlock rage with never-ending flames and a thick bed of ash covers most of the ground. The heat from the fire is quite strong and you know that a night spent near the flames will likely be spend under the stars and without much clothing on.

Torrent finds a small overhang of rock down by the shore of the creek where it is relatively clear from ash. She begins to unpack and sort her belongings, pausing to dig through the saddlebags on her horse. "Lets rest here for the rest of the day, heal up and get a night's rest. Its really warm, but there is a bit of a breeze down by the water. Also, lets organize our things and get what we need from the horses as they won't be joining us in the forest."

Remove ads