Six From Gate Pass - A War of the Burning Sky Campaign (3.5)

digimattic

First Post
Arnir quickly removes his heavy woollen cloak and folds it up neatly in his pack. Arranging his possessions as efficiently as possible. fishing out his now drained flask, he fills it with water from the creek before turning to Hrmir

"Hrmir, is this safe to drink? And what of all this fire forest business- aren't you a master of nature or some such? What's going on here?

Unbuttoning his shirt and rolling his pants up slightly in the heat, Arnir takes a seat on a log around the camp site, wraps his longish hair into a top-knot, and examines the 6 scrolls

OOC: casting read magic

Gregor

First Post
[sblock="for Arnir"]Arnir, two of the six scrolls are arcane, while the others are divine. The two you can cast/scribe are Magic Circle Against Chaos and Mage Armor. The other four divine scrolls are Cure Light Wounds and will need to be deciphered by either Hrimr or Torrent before they can use them.[/sblock]

digimattic

First Post
Arnir looks up from the scrolls and places four of them aside. "Hrmir, Torrent, these are your domain. They look like scrolls of healing."

Then, turning to Lars he says "You there, are you able to read? This scroll of Mage Armor might be of use to you. I already know it, so its value is limited for me....I'll hang on to this last one, however."

Adjuntive

First Post
Alric collects his kit from Kathor's horse and then prepares for camp by setting up his tent and removing his armor. He's visibly terrified of the burning forest, and it's obvious that he wouldn't even consider going in there voluntarily if not doing so would make him look like a coward. A fleeting thought crosses his mind that it might be preferable to traverse the burning wood while drunk. He won't sleep easy tonight.

Alric saunters over to where Torrent is making camp. "You ran from safety to assist me in battle earlier today. A reckless thing to do, I can't say I would have done the same were our places reversed. Though I can't deny the courage of the act. You have my respect and gratitude." Alric offers his hand open, palm-up to Torrent, his face grim. Torrent can tell it wasn't easy for him to say.

funkmamagoat

First Post
Kirio takes his gear from the horse, makes sure there are 20 arrows in his quiver from the general loot, and sets up for the night. Looking at the burlier members of the group (Bannock, Alric) he says "May I ask if one of you could carry my rations, water and bedroll? I'm afraid playing the flute builds rather less muscle than swinging a blade, and I'll be slowed down somewhat carrying all of this. Even then, I'll still be a bit weighed down. I will be leaving this longsword..., I'm better with a bow anyhow."

He smiles and sits quietly by his things, having removed his winter clothing, and plays the flute softly, seeming almost to meditate as he stares into the burning forest...

OOC: Hilarious roll..., trying again...

Adjuntive

First Post
Kirio takes his gear from the horse, makes sure there are 20 arrows in his quiver from the general loot, and sets up for the night. Looking at the burlier members of the group (Bannock, Alric) he says "May I ask if one of you could carry my rations, water and bedroll? I'm afraid playing the flute builds rather less muscle than swinging a blade, and I'll be slowed down somewhat carrying all of this. Even then, I'll still be a bit weighed down. I will be leaving this longsword..., I'm better with a bow anyhow."

He smiles and sits quietly by his things, having removed his winter clothing, and plays the flute softly, seeming almost to meditate as he stares into the burning forest...

"Those things will not slow me so, Kirio. If you honor me with a tune of ancient heroes, I will carry your things and consider us even."

OOC: Send me an email with all the specifics of the gear, so I can keep track of the encumbrance.

funkmamagoat

First Post
Kirio's stops playing, smiles and inclines his head to Alric in thanks. "You have a deal my friend, let me know what you think of this one..." He seems pensive for a bit, inhales deeply, and then launches into inspiring piece, interspersed with verses about a certain Malo the Wicked, a lone elven scout lost underground, striving through many perils to find his way home...

OOC: e-mail with specifics on the way

Bannock

First Post
"Sorry about that helmet, little friend. I didn't know you were fond of wearing skulls and such. A little foul if you ask me, but maybe we can skin a bear tonight and get you a new one."

Sweating like a hog, Bannock dismounts and unburdens his horse. He unstraps his armor and lets the heavy metal plates drop to the ground with a series of thuds. Removing his shirt, he arranges the armor carefully next to his intended tent site, chest and shoulder plates folded up beside his gauntlets, one of which has vicious spikes protruding from the knuckles. Next to that he places his pack, removing two bedrolls, but leaving the blankets packed up. Next to his pack he arranges his five sunrods and three javelins, then counts his rations. He has 7 days remaining. Next he plants the blunt end of his glaive in the ground and works it in, so it stands, bladed end up, like some macabre signpost.

Sweat-soaked shirt in hand, he walks Lumpy over to the creek and ties the large horse up to a small tree near the waterline. Then he wades into the creek and splashes himself with water and soaks his shirt to try to freshen it up a bit. When he's finished, he walks back to the encampment, dripping wet, but drying quickly from the hot, dry breeze, and ties his wet shirt to his upright glaive to dry in the wind.

digimattic

First Post
Arnir straightens up to his full 6', arching an eyebrow in clear distaste at being called "little". "That was no simple bear scull, you reckless fool, it has a magical aura to it, and may well prove useful."

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr looks at all the stuff Arnir has passed to him.

"The scrolls I will have to wait until the morning to read as I don't have the spell ready today. The skull you may be able to fix with a mending spell, I've fixed some rope and other simple things with it before. At the first mentioning of the fire forest I wracked my brain to see if I could remember anything about it, but I can remember nothing more than what is obvious. It is a forest that burns with quite the unnatural fire. Let me have a look at this water."

Hrimr kneels down by the stream, cups some of the water, and sniffs it.

"I can't smell anything odd with it. It's likely steaming because of how close it is to the forest."

Hrimr then gets up and starts looking through his pack and what other people are sorting through. He notices the potions of Cure Light wounds and grabs them both. He hands one to Alric and one to Bannock.

"These potions are magical, they will heal you if drink them."

Hrimr then grabs the unknown vials of liquid from the fight with Kathor and the magic torch. He sits down and puts them before him. He cast detect magic and tries to determine how they are enchanted.

Last edited:

Remove ads