Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 2: The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr chuckles at Torrent's jest. And he approaches Diashan and extends his hand for a handshake.

"Well met Diashan. I am glad to see you have seen the error of your ways. The forest is damaged, but it is not destroyed. It will grow back stronger than ever. I am dismayed that the Shahalesti would stoop to such a level. Has the King been so long from the forest that he forgets his people's ties to it? For shame. Regardless of what the King may do this is a new day for you."

Hrimr looks to Arnir.

"I wanted to check what lay upriver as well back when I thought it may give us insight as to what is transpiring here. But now I am not so concerned. I am with Torrent, we should continue out of the forest."

Adjuntive

First Post
Torrent steps forward to join the conversation: "Honestly Arnir, I would rather just get moving out of the woods. But I'll do what the group wants. Anyway, welcome to the party Diashan. Your skills would be greatly valued, for we have much overland travel to do in the next few weeks. We are marching through the Kingdom of Dassen and your wilderness abilities will be a complement to our friend Hrimr here who practices the druidic arts." She sheathes her axe and tightens a few straps on her pack before adding dryly with a wink: "Oh and don't mind Alric. We mostly keep him around because we're waiting for the lump of coal in his butt to turn into a diamond. Then we can all retire in luxury."

Alric reddens and blusters slightly at Torrents jest. "I do not have a lump of coal up my ass." Despite his profession his hand seems to subconciously wander to his backside as if he's unsure about his claim or he's trying to shield it from the sudden attention.

"I too would rather keep moving to Lyceum. I'm anxious for civilization, a hot bath and some good wine. Though I'll stay with the group on this expedition without complaint if that is what the consensus is."

funkmamagoat

First Post
"Welcome brother, i left shahalesti a long time ago and have not looked back since. The open road is always best..."

"I'm with Arnir, i would not mind investigating the waterfall... We've come this far, let us see what we see..."

digimattic

First Post
Arnir nods to Kirio in agreement "Though I wouldn't go so far as to say I've renounced my people or King-" blushing slightly he adds "even if I'm not exactly welcome back there at the moment.

Turning to Lars and then Bannock he asks "Well, what would you two like to do? Move on or look into whatever was at river mouth?"

fromage67

First Post
Turning to Lars and then Bannock he asks "Well, what would you two like to do? Move on or look into whatever was at river mouth?"

Lars shrugs, "Now that the devil is dead, I don't mind so much. Let's investigate the waterfall if you guys want to. But I would rather leave at once."

When he gets a chance, Lars pulls Kirio and Arnir aside and asks, "You guys seem to know a lot of lore. Have you ever heard of someone or something called Trilla?"

Bannock

First Post
Bannock looks at around and says, "Well, seems everyone else wants to just get on with things. I don't think we'll miss much at the waterfall..."

Then he raises an eyebrow, lets the corner of his mouth twist a little, and looks Arnir in the eye, "...except maybe riches, treasure. Magical things."

digimattic

First Post
Arnir shrugs and laughs at Bannock's attempted deadpan "My friend, you're the sort of fellow who thinks being able to burp the alphabet is magical. I'm sure the loss of your sort of riches will not greatly affect me."

Placing a hand on Bannock's shoulder he uses the tip of his ornate bow to indicate down the road away from the village "It seems the party is clear. Let's get moving."

As he begins to walk, Arnir turns to Lars "Sorry friend, I can't seem to recall anything about Trilla or Trillith...so many books just bleed together, you know?"

Remove ads