Six Nights to Year's End (Merged)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The party continues to debate whether or not to go to the Warrens or the prison. Loraine adds, "If you can conjure up your own transportation to hold six armed men then you can go through the Warrens or through the Guildsman District in order to reach the prison. Otherwise, you may consider renting or buying such a boat at the Dock District, but I am unsure of their availability or your funds. Renting might cost around 30 thrones, while purchasing may cost up to 600 thrones."

Tsal
[sblock]
You meet with a plain woman with shoulder-length hair and small eyes. This is the Oracle, who listens to your situation with interest. "Tsal, I know little about the past or these books you have mentioned. My focus is on the future, and what frightens me is that my dreams and foretellings are dark of late. There is a growing chaos that I can sense will occur, with many figures caught up in it, but with only two greatly powerful voices in the center being fed by it. As for you, I would ask that you leave Ptolus. I sense that your life will be in danger for as long as you remain here. Today, and in the next few days, you will face dangers from sisters, ghosts, and a creature from beyond that was thought killed by some of your companions, but that still lives."
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Tsal

[sblock=To the Oracle]"Would that I could just leave. If it were only my own future hanging in the balance I would do so. However, several friends need my help. I will try to use what you've told me to survive. Thank you for your information. I hope we will walk here again after year's end and talk of better days." If the Oracle has nothing more to share then Tsal will return to the others. [/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
"Very well then, let's be on our way." Before the party sets out, Kaeso asks Lorraine about the disguises she mentioned, making sure to acquire one before leaving.

ooc: If there's no objections, lets head to the docks and get our boat. Tychus can attempt his "prisoner transport" illusion, hopefully getting us past the initial guards.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tsal
[sblock]
The Oracle nods, then says nervously, "Be careful, friend Tsal though I must ask what you plan to do next. Perhaps it will help me divine your future."
[/sblock]

OOC: I'll let Tsal reply and then we'll advance the plot.

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Tsal Replies]"I believe we will be venturing first to the prison island to question the warden who knows something of the events in which we are embroiled and try to recover some important items that were seized. Then we will likely visit the warrens and Necropolis to find out more about the moon deities. Anything you can tell me of the future will be most helpful. Please share your wisdom."[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tsal
[sblock]
The Oracle replies, "Thank you, Tsal. I will focus upon these places and events and perhaps later I will have either visions or dreams to share with you. Return in a couple of days if you are able."
[/sblock]

Tsal returns as Kaeso borrows Davian's hat of disguise and took the appearance of one of the prison guards. Loraine nods and says, "It's convincing enough. If Glau is going to cast an illusion spell it may only last as long as he can maintain concentration on it, as well as for as long as it isn't physically struck. You'll have to be certain about when you want to activate it, for it's doubtful that you can walk from here to the eastern side of the city without someone bumping into the illusion. I can cast a spell on one person, that acts as the hat of diguise will for Kaeso. That is for one hour I can make someone look like a different person or race and either a few feet shorter or taller in the process. Perhaps a large orc, or a scrawny halfling for instance."

Scotley

Hero
Tsal

"Have we decided to go to the prison then? I thought that we might. I have learned some things that might be helpful. The Oracle has told me that there is a growing chaos that she can sense will occur, with many figures caught up in it, but with only two greatly powerful voices in the center being fed by it. She sensed that mine life will be in danger for as long as I remain here. By extention that likely applies to all of us. Today, and in the next few days, you will face dangers from sisters, ghosts, and a creature from beyond that was thought killed by some of your companions, but that still lives."

Considering the disguise he asks, "Do the watch or the guards use dogs or other animals? I could easily adopt such a form. Perhaps my companion could enter as such a beast as well?" He gestures at the Monitor Lizard beside which is easily the size of a big dog.

Dekana

Explorer
In the blink of an eye, Kaeso's form shifts to that of a bugbear's. In his best 'bugbear' voice, he says:

"The warden wants these prisoners on the bottom levels! Har har, there will be nothing left of these fools when he's done with them!"

Then, in his normal voice, he says "The warden is fond of using bugbears as his guards. The form might get us past the initial human guards."

Remove ads