Six Nights to Year's End (Merged)

Scotley

Hero
Tsal

"Guess I'll join the guards. If anyone has anything they'd like to hide while playing prisoner, I can take it and it will vanish until I return to my native form." He gathers anything the others want to conceal. Smiling his reptilian smile he reassures his companion and makes his own transition to canine form.

Tychus

First Post
"Keep your arms," says Glau. "The illusion will mask them from sight. And if it fails, we'll want them close at hand."

"I will play the part of prisoner, with Kaeso and Davian. I will need to concentrate to maintain the illusion, so this role suits me. The illusion will make it look like we wear torn street clothes, with our hands bound in front of us, and sacks over our heads. As long as we do nothing to arouse suspicion, they guards should not see or hear our weapons and armor. Remember that these are not real, and you will be able to see through them."

"Verosh, Skrymer, and Kareus will be our captors, and Tsal can herd us, or slip away if he is unnoticed. Kareus should wear the hat, as his face may be recognized. You need to get us all to the warden - if the guards want to lock us up without seeing him first, you'll need to make sure he takes notice of us. Perhaps tell them something like 'We've been sent by Aliaster Vladaam with some loose ends that need tying up.' Otherwise, position yourselves for surprise attacks - I know you are all deadly at close range."

"Unless someone knows another way out of the prison, we're going to have to come back out the way we go in. When it comes to fighting - as I'm sure it will - we'll be surrounded and outnumbered. We should try to take the Warden alive. I doubt he's a man who wants to die for a cause, so holding him hostage may be our best chance for breaking out. And we won't learn anything from him if he's dead."

Glau pauses, catching the eye of each man in turn. "Is everyone comfortable with this plan?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Skrymer dons the hat and takes the appearance of a thin human robed male, more to make it seem like he is less formidable than not. Glau casts his spell and he, Kaeso, and Davian suddenly appear as if bound and in tatters. The party enters the boat, which under the weight dips down to half its water level. Luckily the waters are calm and shortly you are on your way. The Cliffs of Lost Wishes are dark and foreboding as you enter the entrance to the Ptolus Prison. Verosh gets out first and greets three burly human guards in slovenly uniforms while the prisoners are herded out by Skrymer and two barking 'dogs'. "What's this? And who the heck are you guys?"

The platform is 40 feet long by 10 feet wide with stairs to the east that lead to a guardhouse door and a corridor in the northeast that bends to the east.

Scotley

Hero
Tsal

Getting into his role, Tsal snarls at the prisoners a little and then finds the nearest horizontal object--post, tree, cask whatever--hikes his leg and urinates on it.

Remove ads