Six Nights to Year's End (Merged)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for the delay. I'm moved in and can continue now...

Verosh moves before anyone else can even think about doing so, his two short swords flashing in the torchlight. Both connect against the ribs of the injured bugbear before Verosh twirls away.

One of the uninjured bugbears responds with a grunt, then walks next to Verosh in a failed attempt to retaliate. Tsal attacks the injured bugbear, striking him sharply against his chest with his club, but it is obvious with the way the bugbear twists to avoid the brunt of the strike that he is an expert fighter.

Glau steps backward and out of the way of the fray as he completes his spell, which causes his companions to move twice as fast. This causes Davian to fire a flurry of shots which nearly brings the lead bugbear down. Kaeso finishes the bugbear off with two deadly strikes from his trident, then he steps to the flank and looks for a new target.

Skrymer moves forward, striking at the second and now closest living bugbear with such blinding speed that the creature's eyes widen in fear. Skrymer misses badly with his first attack, however, which causes him to be off balance when he tries to grapple without success (critical miss).

The bugbears retaliate with their battle-axes, one attacking Skrymer head on while his two companions go for the flanks and they connect with mixed success (-12 hps to Skrymer).

Lorthanoth

Explorer
OOC: Can you always play Verosh in combat - he's much better when I don't roll! ;) jk! I can't believe I missed all this; sorry! Subs haven't been coming through. Having trouble visualising where everyone is so this vague...

Verosh grins in the joy of battle and makes sure that he isn't being flanked by his foes.

Dekana

Explorer
Kaeso moves to outflank one of the bugbears assailing Skrymer, then lashes out again with his flail.

ooc: MW Flail (+12/7, 1d8+4, 19-20/x2). I think I'd rather have you roll for me, if that's alright Deuce. I'm never quite sure if I'm getting a single or full attack.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Verosh moves once more to flank one of the three bugbears attacking Skrymer, and his blades connect three times cutting deeply into the armored back of his enemy. The bugbear directly in front of Skrymer attacks the werebear again, but both strikes fail to penetrate his thick skin.

Tsal steps in between Skrymer and Verosh and attacks the already injured bugbear three times, and although it stumbles it does not fall. Glau steps slightly to the right, aims his weapon, and fires three quick shots at the uninjured bugbear in front of Skrymer.

Davian takes a step back and tries to fire between Skrymer and Tsal, and at the lead bugbear. His first and third shot go wide and luckily miss his companions, but his second shot is an incredible success, creasing the brow of the bugbear and causing a trail of blood to fall into his eyes.

Kaeso moves into a wide arc and attacks the bugbear that Verosh and Tsal had hurt from behind three times. His bludgeoning attacks are fierce enough to bring the bugbear down with blood frothing from its mouth as the fighter's last swing crushes its lungs.

Skrymer lets loose his attack against the lead bugbear after a scream of anger, and the bugbear fails to survive the second mighty swing of the werebear. Skrymer twists and attacks the remaining bugbear, who after surviving being mauled by two large sets of claws and fangs, attempts to make a run for it. He somehow manages to dodge Skrymer's attack of opportunity before Davian and Glau gun him down in a hail of arrows and bullets.

Skrymer's wounds begin to heal, and you are otherwise unharmed and standing in a room with four dead bugbears. The western door you came in from is closed, as is the one north of you which leads to areas unknown. Your attack was not unnoticed, it would seem, as you begin to hear a siren wail through the facility.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases