D&D 5E Skills and Ability Checks -- Perspective on Consistency vs DM Empowerment

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
That shouldn't be too hard to arrange. Create a few feats.
Some adjustments on the Battlemaster to let him decide more if he wants to do ALL damage ALL the time and a few trick shots added here or there yes combat part is probably adjustable to taste .... the thread is actually not about that though its trying to make other things line up with Paragons and Legends in my opinion as that is what it seems like it takes out of combat to have parity with casters (not just in combat which I agree isnt far off)

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I suspect someones bond with no armor would be dead and it would be like the joking movie with bond 1 bond 2 bond 3 etc etc.

The 007 stands for how many died before him

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Is sand not dry? It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. I don't understand your point.
It's the definition of wet. Wet is the condition of having liquid on you. Liquid, despite the attempt above, can't make itself wet. Liquid only makes other things wet. Dry is the absence of wet.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I suspect someones bond with no armor would be dead and it would be like the joking movie with bond 1 bond 2 bond 3 etc etc.

The 007 stands for how many died before him
That's not true. Bond in the movies and books hears references to 006, 008, 009 and 0011. There are multiple 00's. If the requirement was to be numbered after previously deceased 00's, bond would have to have recovered from death at least 4 times in order for a guy to become 0011.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Some adjustments on the Battlemaster to let him decide more if he wants to do ALL damage ALL the time and a few trick shots added here or there yes combat part is probably adjustable to taste .... the thread is actually not about that though its trying to make other things line up with Paragons and Legends in my opinion as that is what it seems like it takes to have parity with casters
Basically 4e gave me something approximate to that parity in and out of combat and yes there were spells that broke with physics and like teleport.... but the 4e teleport didn't give an instant easy escape that undermines chase scenes and homeward journeys both

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
That's not true. Bond in the movies and books hears references to 006, 008, 009 and 0011. There are multiple 00's. If the requirement was to be numbered after previously deceased 00's, bond would have to have recovered from death at least 4 times in order for a guy to become 0011.
Hehehe there is one movie that has bond a created character the organization keeps giving the same code name

Remove ads