Sneak attack/skirmish/etc: How often?

tetsujin28

First Post
How often can you perform these attacks in a round? I seem to recall it being only once, but I can't for the life of me find the reference.

Drowbane

First Post
However many attacks you can manage to dish out while still satisfying whatever triggers your "uber-stab". If you have are flanking, have 5 attacks, you get to deal Sneak Attack (assuming target is subject to Sneak) for each attack.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Just remember what the sneak attack trigger is. For example, if it's from invisibility, only the first attack is a sneak attack. Once you make that attack, you're no longer invisible and thus the trigger is gone.

Storm Raven

First Post
Steve Jung said:
Just remember what the sneak attack trigger is. For example, if it's from invisibility, only the first attack is a sneak attack. Once you make that attack, you're no longer invisible and thus the trigger is gone.

Also, remember that when you use an attack that is effectively a "salvo" (like Manyshot), you only score the precision damage on the first attack in the volley.

frankthedm

First Post
tetsujin28 said:
Are multiple attacks against the same opponent considered a salvo?
Not likley. Mostly volleys come from Manyshot and varients there of, some multi-ray spells[debated], and other such.

Sneak applies to each

B.A.B. based attack
Monk flurry of blow attack. [A reason for no multiclassing.]
Two weapon fighting attack. [why TWF is a popular choice for a rogue]
Natural attacks in natural attack routines. a BIG reason anything with multiple natural attacks get a prohibitive Level adjustment.[ Poison dusk lizardfolk was the only roguish race to get away with LA+1, claw, claw, bite and racial no hit die]

Storm Raven

First Post
tetsujin28 said:
Are multiple attacks against the same opponent considered a salvo?

No. A salvo attack results from the use of feats like Manyshot and some spells, that make multiple attacks using a single attack roll. Any time you make a seperate d20 attack roll, an attack is not part of a salvo.

Sejs

First Post
tetsujin28 said:
How often can you perform these attacks in a round? I seem to recall it being only once, but I can't for the life of me find the reference.

Every time a given attack meets the requirements.

The rule you're thinking of pertains to instances where you get to make multiple attacks with a single to-hit roll.

If you have three attacks per round thanks to your BAB of +11/+6/+1, you're flanking with your buddy and you make a full attack, then all three of your iterative attacks are eligible as sneak attacks.

glass

(he, him)
Just a note, all of the above answers seem to apply to Sneak Attack (and Sudden Strike). Skirmish is a bit of a different kettle of fish, because the requirement to move 10 ft makes it (almost) impossible to make multiple attacks.

glass.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Just a note, all of the above answers seem to apply to Sneak Attack (and Sudden Strike). Skirmish is a bit of a different kettle of fish, because the requirement to move 10 ft makes it (almost) impossible to make multiple attacks.

Not really, Sudden Strike only works when the enemy has lost his Dex bonus to AC (i.e. not while simply flanking)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases