D&D 5E So, 5e OGL

delericho

Legend
I don't understand why people keep necro this thread, I mean if they announce an OGL it will be all over the place..

Would you prefer a new thread pop up every month to ask the same question and rehash all the same arguments at great and tedious length? Because I'm afraid that's the alternative - it's not like the topic is going to go away. Even if (and when) they do announce a license, we'll then no doubt get a flurry of threads about how it doesn't go far enough, goes far too far, is completely unworkable, and is the best thing ever - all at once.

CapnZapp

Legend
Would you prefer a new thread pop up every month to ask the same question and rehash all the same arguments at great and tedious length? Because I'm afraid that's the alternative - it's not like the topic is going to go away. Even if (and when) they do announce a license, we'll then no doubt get a flurry of threads about how it doesn't go far enough, goes far too far, is completely unworkable, and is the best thing ever - all at once.
The only reason this thread pops up again and again is that people are passive-aggressively protesting against WotCs decision not to prioritize any license.

In a most irritating and completely useless manner; since WotC isn't basing it's business decisions on threads at EN world.

So, yeah. It would be far preferable if new threads were started, since that would mean these people would have to retype their arguments.

More work means fewer posts. And each time, the arguing would get lighter, just like time heals all wounds.

Meanwhile, when and if any real info becomes available, all these threads will be instantly ignored for new ones.

Meaning that, yes, there are all kinds of reasons to lock this sucker and put a lid on the infected bile.

PS. Especially if the main reason for a monthly "overwatch" is simply to circumvent Morris' decision in the first post. That is, to make this shambling mound never get five months old.

Folks, a rotting pile of leaves is still a rotting pile of leaves no matter how often you stir it.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
You do know, doncha', there are some of us who are genuinely interested in a 5e OGL, and thus check these sort of announcements out of a genuine desire for actual news. I'm not sure why asking for news on a 5e OGL is suddenly something nefarious. Accusing all such queries as being "hateful" seems a tad harsh. Its not our fault that WotC (or members therein) promised something that has yet to be delivered. :/

Staffan

Legend
You do know, doncha', there are some of us who are genuinely interested in a 5e OGL, and thus check these sort of announcements out of a genuine desire for actual news. I'm not sure why asking for news on a 5e OGL is suddenly something nefarious. Accusing all such queries as being "hateful" seems a tad harsh. Its not our fault that WotC (or members therein) promised something that has yet to be delivered. :/

I'd love to see 5e released under the OGL as well, but I think hoping that the discussion about it is going to mellow out through repetition is futile.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases