D&D 5E So, 5e OGL

Wicht

Hero
I'd love to see 5e released under the OGL as well, but I think hoping that the discussion about it is going to mellow out through repetition is futile.

Well, blindly accusing people of hate is hardly going to help the conversation in any meaningful way. :)

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Hey, if you don't like this thread, don't view it or post in it. Simple.

As an OGL hopeful, I really appreciate the monthly check-in.

CapnZapp

Legend
You do know, doncha', there are some of us who are genuinely interested in a 5e OGL, and thus check these sort of announcements out of a genuine desire for actual news. I'm not sure why asking for news on a 5e OGL is suddenly something nefarious. Accusing all such queries as being "hateful" seems a tad harsh. Its not our fault that WotC (or members therein) promised something that has yet to be delivered. :/
But the thing is, this isn't where you will find said news.

Every time you read this thread it will be a complete waste of everyone's time.

Including this time.

delericho

Legend
The only reason this thread pops up again and again is that people are passive-aggressively protesting against WotCs decision not to prioritize any license.

So? It doesn't matter why it happens, only that it does happen.

So, yeah. It would be far preferable if new threads were started, since that would mean these people would have to retype their arguments.

More work means fewer posts. And each time, the arguing would get lighter, just like time heals all wounds.

Yeah, right. What we actually see is that a necro-d thread attracts a handful of views and a handful of new posts (mostly from people complaining about the necro), where a new thread attracts many more views and sees everyone retype their arguments - largely because each side won't let the other put forward their arguments without counter.

Meaning that, yes, there are all kinds of reasons to lock this sucker and put a lid on the infected bile.

Feel free not to read it.

PS. Especially if the main reason for a monthly "overwatch" is simply to circumvent Morris' decision in the first post. That is, to make this shambling mound never get five months old.

Note that it was Morris, not Morrus - that is, just any other poster, not the site owner. He's not actually in a position to decide that for us.

Folks, a rotting pile of leaves is still a rotting pile of leaves no matter how often you stir it.

Fortunately, compost is useful.

Actually, I don't get to read RPG news sites as much as I used to. But I'm interested in this one tidbit of news, should it ever happen. So having a single thread I'm subscribed to is preferable to news threads popping up each month that I would have no way to subscribe to.

Remove ads