• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So did you like Stealth?

Phaedrus

First Post
I saw it Friday, opening night. And the theater was surprisingly deserted. Not just for Stealth, but in general... 7:00 show and the parking lot was maybe 1/5 full. Came out at 9 and still not many cars out there. But that's beside the point.

I enjoyed the movie. Predictable plot--sexual tension, technology out of control, bad guy using any means to achieve his goal--but enjoyable. Special effects were very good.

I don't really do polls... I'm just curious what others thought.

mafisto

First Post
Haven't seen it and likely won't (in theatres), but for those interested there's a hilarious review on JoBlo.com. Warning, the review basically gives out the entire plot of the movie. So consider it spoiler-laden. If you've already seen the film or don't plan to it's a good read.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=8096

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
This did not appeal to me from the get go, the Frankenstein (man vs creation go bad) plot that the trailers showed just did not make me interested in seeing it, I think they even turned me off the movie.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I saw a preview on some DVD I borrowed from the library recently (the new Exorcist? Cursed? I forget) and it looked really really awful. It might be an okay movie, but that's not the impression you get from the trailer.

I refuse to see this simply because I might burn things in the theater. I have never seen a trailer so many times as the one for Stealth(at least 15 times...every single movie had that attached to it), and if I hear any of those lines again I think I'll harm someone.

reveal

Adventurer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
I refuse to see this simply because I might burn things in the theater. I have never seen a trailer so many times as the one for Stealth(at least 15 times...every single movie had that attached to it), and if I hear any of those lines again I think I'll harm someone.

We have TIVO and have the ability to watch the first 4 minutes of the movie. I didn't watch it but my wife did and she said it sucked.

Starman

Adventurer
reveal said:
We have TIVO and have the ability to watch the first 4 minutes of the movie. I didn't watch it but my wife did and she said it sucked.

The first four minutes sucked? Or the whole thing sucked?

Starman

reveal

Adventurer
Starman said:
The first four minutes sucked? Or the whole thing sucked?

Starman

The first four minutes. If the first four minutes sucked, I can't imagine the rest could get any better. Some movies could pull it off, but I doubt this one will.

Did I like it? No. Really I didn't. There just isn't anything about it to recommend. It's just CRAMMED FREAKIN FULL of that fast, blurry, "aren't you excited by the fact that you can't tell what the hell is happening?" editing and camera work. There's TONS of movement in the action scenes, but none of it is actually GOING anywhere. It's steaming trunkload of ripped-off ideas from vastly better films, and without an original bone anywhere. It's trite, overwrought, and unoriginal. Some of the writing was just AWFUL. The only effects that I though they did well on was having their CGI animated aircraft making fairly realistic-looking carrier landings. Everything else was lost in the sea of edits.

Josh Lucas, Jamie Foxx and Jessica Biel gave not-too-bad performances given what they had to work with. Don't waste your money - not even for Jessica Biel's ass.

Last edited:

Chain Lightning

First Post
Man in the Funny Hat said:
Don't waste your money - not even for Jessica Biel's ass.

Fairly accurate review.

My friend and I went to see this movie KNOWING it was going to be bad. And we weren't disappointed. It stunk to high heaven. We have this tradition of getting friends together to go see stinker films for a sort of MST3K kind of time. This was one of them.

This movie is extremely stupid. I had fun watching because it made me laugh constantly. But its bitter sweet. I may have been laughing, but unfortunately my eyes were bleeding and I could swear my brain was filling up with dog excrement.

The only good think I can say about it is that I didn't expect it to end the way it did. But that's it.

The director made so many goofy and stupid decisions I can't even begin to list them all. Same goes for the writing.

Shall I rattle off a few?

-typical hacker slacker tech guy that oversees the AI globe of the plane. Y'know , same archetype that you see in Twister, Tomb Raider, Blade II, on and on and on. Granted, he wasn't as loud and obnoxious like his other brethren, but its still so unrealistic.

-The AI Stealth plane downloads music from the internet and plays teenage x-games style music when he goes into action. WTF?

-The USS Lincoln is stationed in the south pacific around the Phillipines, - - they get a mission to go to Kajikistan. During mission AI Plane goes rogue and heads north to Russia. Jessica Biel's plane had sustained damage and needs to fly back to the carrier. On her way back the wing that is damage gets worse and she has to bail out. However, when she bails out....she lands in North Korea! What the heck? What weird arse route was she taking back to the carrier?

-Remember that shot in Fast and the Furious when the lead guy hit the nitro and the camera goes thru the wires, the engine, and out the exhaust? Well, someone must've went up to the director and said, "Dude, that shot was so money!" Now the director uses that shot practically every time someone pulls the trigger and launches a bomb or missile.

-all the computers that the Stealth tech crew uses has glowing blue neon lights like a tricked out Alienware gaming PC box. The monitoring staff wear dumb looking eye targeters over their left eye because I guess someone forgot to tell the director that the one targeter look over one eye was already "old" in even the late 90's.

-there's an automated self flying refueling station in the sky that's kind of like a smaller version of the helicarrier from Nick Fury Agent of Shield. Except that it just flys in circles for US Pilots to go up and refuel.

-at the end when the Jessica's character is trying to make it to the border between North and South Korea, she come across a strip of land that looks like the no man's land between the two sides. Isn't it mined? It isn't in this movie. Plus, why are the North Korean guard towers on the south side of it? Or are those South Koreans? If so, why did Josh Lucas blow up our allies? What the hell?

....I'll stop for now .....there's just too much to list.....

Last edited:

Remove ads