• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So how much does WotC get out of you per year?

How much Wizards stuff do you buy?

crazy_cat

Adventurer
I'm estimating $1000-1500.

I buy 2-3 cases of each minis set and quite a few core rulebooks and modules, and more or less all FR sourcebooks and modules.

painandgreed

First Post
Probably between $50-$100 in new hardback rule books. I do't buy their novels. i don't buy miniatures. I've got enough books that I don't feel the need for any more unless they really feel inspired, something in them seems really useful, or they're on sale. Last year, i probably bought five WotC books. Two were new (which tops $50 mark) and the other three were used.

sjmiller

Explorer
This year I bought more from WotC than I have in the past several years combined! So far I have purchased 2 different sets of Dungeon Tiles (2 & 3), Dungeonscape, and the Magic Item Compendium. In the last 2 years I have purchased Dungeon Tiles 1 and about 4 boosters of DDM (at a reduced price). There's another Dungeon Tiles set coming out I want, and I have heard I should pick up the Fantastic Locales (or whatever they are called). The rest of my gaming money this year is going towards Reaper minis (metal and the upcoming painted plastic) and the odd pdf.

T. Foster

First Post
Goose-egg. I'm fairly certain I've never bought a single WotC product, even going back to before they took over TSR.

Noble Knight Games, however, still takes a fair bit of my money, on the order of probably $50-$100 a year, maybe more.

drothgery

First Post
I tend to average about a book a month, which ends up in the $200-$500 segment; I pick up anything Eberron and most other player-oriented stuff. No adventures, no minis. Usually one or two non-WotC things a year.

JustaPlayer

First Post
Not buying much

As I am largely tired of D&D at the moment, I put 50-100. Since 3e until about midway through last year I was at a pace well over $500/yr.

Arnwyn

First Post
About $200 or so. (Mostly on adventures and FR accessories, and then the rare 'monster ecology' book that pops out like Lords of Madness et al.)

dren

First Post
Monthly, on average less than $50; yearly anywhere from 200 - 300, tack in another $100 for pdfs and monster books from other publishers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads