So how screwed are we?

Fallenibilis

First Post
Standard Dragon back up plan. Immediately fall down and worship it and proclaim that Tiamat sent you to test its strength and that you bring good tidings. The great Tiamat is pleased with its strength and you are hear to serve it.

Assuming it spares you, use this time to prepare a new attack or start looking for escape.

Two major problems with this 1) as this is our DM's own world with his own pantheon Tiamat doesnt exist & 2) since we came in the goblins kept saying their god would avenge them and then when the dragon showed up it said some thing akin to "I know you were coming, but its still hard to beleive one would trespass in the realm of a god."

The knew we were coming bit has to do with the fact that the dragon apparently shares the same taint i do Prophetic dreams...

frankthedm

First Post
If it wasn't for the thing's SR of 25 and Dragon quality saves, i'd say break out a scroll of dismissal or banishment and hope to send the thing home.

Fallenibilis

First Post
The room we are in is actually a tower with 3 floors, each rooms is about 50ft tall and 100ft across, in the center of the second and third floor is a circular hole about 15-20 across (big enough for the dragon to fit through) and along the walls runs a spiral staircase.

As Finnie said we're under-wealthed meaning we don't have many extra things for help, not to mention the fact that the local wizards guild refuses to sell anything except to members which are invite only... we did just find a quaal's feather token tree that may be usefull... (could we expanded it inside of the dragon or use it pin it to the ceiling you think?)

Teleport and things of that nature were bumped up to higher levels by our DM cause he didn't want us whirlwind traveling across the map...

As for my spells i have left i think i have like lesser orb of cold, 2 scorching rays, blur, rope trick, haste, regroup, and a couple of heal spells... so not much i had more lesser orb of cold but i rolled low on my ranged touch attack and they bounced of something shimmery...

So it looks like Regroup and running is the best option... :erm:

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Is it flying? It's worse if it's flying.

Sprouting tentacles is usually a bad sign...

Grogg or Samloyal's plans might be your best options.

Can anyone do any serious damage if they get swallowed? Got a Folding Boat or other expanding item on hand?

What spells do you all have left? What are your other resources? Do you have a wheel barrow and a holocaust cloak?

we did just find a quaal's feather token tree that may be usefull... (could we expanded it inside of the dragon or use it pin it to the ceiling you think?)

...regroup, and a couple of heal spells...

You're Saved!!!

Whoever has the most HP simply needs to convince the Dragon to swallow that person whole.

frankthedm

First Post
so not much i had more lesser orb of cold but i rolled low on my ranged touch attack and they bounced of something shimmery...
PLEASE tell me SOMEONE in the group had the good sense to throw a targeted Dispel Magic on the dragon! If so, that may just be the visual effect of a ring of Protection {Deflection]. If you didn't, then it could be the splatbook spell "Scintillating Scales", an EXTREMELY overpowered spell that turns the dragon's natural armor into a Defection bonus. Also if the group didn't lead out with a dispel magic :confused: (again, please tell me you did!) , then the dragon still has Mage armor, Shield and other buffs going.

Fallenibilis

First Post
PLEASE tell me SOMEONE in the group had the good sense to throw a targeted Dispel Magic on the dragon! If so, that may just be the visual effect of a ring of Protection {Deflection]. If you didn't, then it could be the splatbook spell "Scintillating Scales", an EXTREMELY overpowered spell that turns the dragon's natural armor into a Defection bonus. Also if the group didn't lead out with a dispel magic :confused: (again, please tell me you did!) , then the dragon still has Mage armor, Shield and other buffs going.

I don't have access to the spell and the druid didn't prepare it unfortunately. We weren't expecting much resistance just a simple sabotage and running, and then there was the dragon...

Remove ads