So, I bet that the d12 is getting kicked to the curb...

loseth

First Post
gothmaugCC said:
You never know, in an attempt to simplify the game some "brilliant" designer may have decided to yank all dice except the D20. All spells and weapons have fixed damages now, ala DnD miniatures

Take the quotation marks off 'brilliant' and I'd agree with you. ;)

Nyaricus said:
snip
So, anyone else thinking that the d12 is going to say bye-bye to core D&D?

cheers,
--N
much better to get rid of the d10, the most monstrous dice around, far off the perfection of the other 5... the true, the pure

I try to use only 20 sided dice numbered from 1 to 10 (or from 0 to 9) as my d10...

never liked the d10.... too unplatonic :)

Masquerade

First Post
delericho said:
I have wondered whether they shouldn't drop all dice except the d6 and the d20 (and maybe the d10).
I was going to post to the same thing. Unfortunately, people love their dice, and I don't think we're going to see this sacred cow die in 4e, as wonderful a simplification as it would be. Just imagine only having to bring two dice to the game to play!

Simia Saturnalia

First Post
Failed Saving Throw said:
Do people really give a :):):):) about such things?
If 4e drops the full gamut of polyhedrals - I'll accept trimming out the d12 because I don't know what I -would- use it for, though I feel it's underused - it'll be a source of mods for my move to the Grog Side.

I haven't plunked down more money on dice than books in the past year to see them all become useless. Nothing else I play uses d8s!

Remove ads