So I finally saw the Fantastic Four...

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
No, but not for this thread ;)
Maybe we should start a thread of foreign leaders Marvel turned into comic book villains. Trudeau gets 1st post!

pres-trudeau.gif

Ryujin

Legend
Maybe we should start a thread of foreign leaders Marvel turned into comic book villains. Trudeau gets 1st post!

View attachment 71593

I used to have two full sets of the first run of Captain Canuck (Guardian was a poor copy by Marvel, done a few years later) from back in the '70s. Unfortunately when my younger brother became old enough to read comics he found my stash (including a whole bunch of comics that had 10 and 12 cent cover costs) and started selling them off to an unscrupulous flea market seller, in order to buy new ones.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I used to have two full sets of the first run of Captain Canuck (Guardian was a poor copy by Marvel, done a few years later) from back in the '70s. Unfortunately when my younger brother became old enough to read comics he found my stash (including a whole bunch of comics that had 10 and 12 cent cover costs) and started selling them off to an unscrupulous flea market seller, in order to buy new ones.

Reminds me of my mother who gave to goodwill my 1980 Darth Vader case and all the figurines it contained... Cause I didn't play with them anymore.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
As a side note, My understanding is Marvel has the rights for Fantastic Four as a movie back but in turn allowed Paramount the rights to do X-men on TV (New Mutants anyone?)

If this is so, maybe we can get a better Fantastic Four movie.

I believe the current state is that both Fox and Marvel are denying that film rights are back in Marvel's hands. Fox still has the movie rights for the foreseeable future.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
How about "so far over the top that he can see the bottom again" instead? Since childhood I've always pictured Doom as being as flamboyant as a Shakespearean actor, throwing his lines to the back row. I'm talking moustache-twirling evil here, rather than intelligent and calculating evil.

x8Z63Ev.jpg

Remove ads