• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E So long and thanks for all the fish!

Dausuul

Legend
You just know whenever someone says, "Go ahead and post whatever, I'm not coming back." they very well ARE coming back to see the responses. Especially if the reason they left is because they weren't getting enough attention. I.e., ego.
Give the guy some credit: He may or may not have been back, but he's stayed true to his word as far as posting anything goes. The OP of this thread was his last post. Usually the "I'm leaving forever!" post is followed by a whole bunch of responses to whatever snarky replies it gets.

That said... the OP's posts appear to be long, carefully crafted, and in-depth. Clearly a lot of work went into them, and I suppose he's upset that they aren't getting equally in-depth responses. But conversation is not an essay-writing contest. Engagement begets engagement; I am much more likely to reply to a two-sentence post which addresses something I care about than a five-paragraph post which doesn't.

Last edited:

Lanliss

Explorer
<shrug> I, for one, and happy for this little troll. I got enough XP out of this thread that I leveled up! I was just a lowly 15th-level Superhero going into this little soiree, but now look at me! I'm a Spellbinder now!

Hey, being a Superhero is not that bad...

happyhermit

Adventurer
English has actually had gender-neutral third-person pronouns for centuries. Shakespeare and Lord Byron used the singular "they", for instance. ...

Now I'm one of those posters who doesn't read the thread and repeats the same thing that's been said umpteen times already as if it hadn't been mentioned :blush: I have a habit of opening a bunch of tabs and then not refreshing before I post.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Now I'm one of those posters who doesn't read the thread and repeats the same thing that's been said umpteen times already as if it hadn't been mentioned :blush: I have a habit of opening a bunch of tabs and then not refreshing before I post.

Yeah, I'll usually open a bunch of tabs for each thread. I had to force myself to get into the habit of reading the whole thread and refreshing the tab before replying to a post, and even then I still forget to!

Mostly I blame lowkey's survivor threads for that. :p

Sacrosanct

Legend
Give the guy some credit: He may or may not have been back, but he's stayed true to his word as far as posting anything goes. The OP of this thread was his last post. Usually the "I'm leaving forever!" post is followed by a whole bunch of responses to whatever snarky replies it gets.

That said... the OP's posts appear to be long, carefully crafted, and in-depth. Clearly a lot of work went into them, and I suppose he's upset that they aren't getting equally in-depth responses. But conversation is not an essay-writing contest. Engagement begets engagement; I am much more likely to reply to a two-sentence post which addresses something I care about than a five-paragraph post which doesn't.

Yeah, and he only had 10 posts. If you want people to engage you in conversation, you kinda gotta start it, ya know?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads