D&D (2024) So...the next OneD&D update is gonna feel weird...

Yaarel

He Mage
I am torn about using false survey results to protest.

On the one hand, I want D&D to do well.

On the other hand, I want Hasbo-WotC to cease-and-desist being evil clowns.

I wont support a grievously unethical, bullying, exploitative, corporation.

But I dont see how they can make things right, because I fundamentally dont trust them anymore.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I am torn about using false survey results to protest.

On the one hand, I want D&D to do well.

On the other hand, I want Hasbo-WotC to cease-and-desist being evil clowns.

I wont support a grievously unethical, bullying, exploitative, corporation.

But I dont see how they can make things right, because I fundamentally dont trust them anymore.
give honest fed back but protest in the comments section

Yaarel

He Mage
give honest fed back but protest in the comments section
The situation is weird.

• Hasbro-WotC is crowdsourcing the creative community for help to create the most successful D&D game possible.
• Hasbro-WotC is figuratively massacring the crowds of the creativity community.

It doesnt work, both ways at the same time.

It is like the tone of the Anti-OGL, that is both threatening and intimidating and tries to be weirdly friendly and playful at the same time.

The Hasbro-WotC corporation is implementing policies that are disgusting.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
The situation is weird.

• Hasbro-WotC is crowdsourcing the creative community for help to create the most successful D&D game possible.
• Hasbro-WotC is figuratively massacring the crowds of the creativity community.

It doesnt work, both ways at the same time.

It is like the tone of the Anti-OGL, that is both threatening and intimidating and tries to be weirdly friendly and playful at the same time.

The Hasbro-WotC corporation is implementing policies that are disgusting.
Welcome to modern capitalism. the techbro "lets monetise everything" is deeply antithetical to any kind of healthy social life.

delericho

Legend
This is why I will lie on the surveys, make them think I'm a fan, plant false playtest results under the guise of helping out the brand, telling them things I think will help their business:
Ages ago (Saturday?), I posted a comment on another thread about knowing how Scorched Earth I wanted to go in response to this OGL stuff. This was one of the things I had in mind - if you just put in massively negative responses they'll quickly filter them out and ignore (and, very likely, they'll do it automatically so that nobody ever reads them).

But providing nonsense data would hurt them, at least a little.

The problems with that plan are twofold. It hurts D&D, the creators and the remaining fans, which may well not be desirable. And it seems like rather more effort than I really want to put in.

that seems silly, they have been listening to feedback, and while they are making a VTT, VTT's are not the only way to play.

Somehow managing to combine "nothing to see here" assurances with loyal defenses of a corporation that's fully slipped the mask re: nuking its competition. Well done!

Remove ads