So, Wandavision?

Erekose

Eternal Champion
As a slight tangent, the whole Wanda and Vision love story in the MCU always struck me as a little forced - probably due to the tiny amount of screen time available - and then BOOM in Infinitive War they are deeply in love with each other. How remarkable is it that Marvel has managed to produce an entire series that really gives depth to this relationship? I can‘t help but think that when I rewatch the films it will give their relationship the depth it was otherwise lacking.

(Don’t get me wrong - End Game still works to deliver the emotional punch it needs to with the scenes with Wanda and Vision [and Thanos!].)

As a slight tangent, the whole Wanda and Vision love story in the MCU always struck me as a little forced - probably due to the tiny amount of screen time available - and then BOOM in Infinitive War they are deeply in love with each other. How remarkable is it that Marvel has managed to produce an entire series that really gives depth to this relationship? I can‘t help but think that when I rewatch the films it will give their relationship the depth it was otherwise lacking.
Totally, I just did a rewatch of Ultron/ Civil War/ Infinity War between eps 8 and 9
and yeah, a sub plot that always felt under written now holds much more weight. Which I guess is the point of the TV shows, fleshing out side characters.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Finally managed to see the last episode.

I think I may have missed something. The SWORD director is a dick, but I didn’t understand why the FBI arrested him at the end? He was working to stop a threat which was mind controlling an entire town, which is his job, no? Did he do something illegal that I may have missed or forgotten?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Finally managed to see the last episode.

I think I may have missed something. The SWORD director is a dick, but I didn’t understand why the FBI arrested him at the end? He was working to stop a threat which was mind controlling an entire town, which is his job, no? Did he do something illegal that I may have missed or forgotten?
Well, he tried to murder Wanda with a drone, he detained an FBI agent and I'm not clear if what he was doing with Vision corpse was sanctioned by the government.

Agreed. I loved the scene in episode 8 where Wanda just talks with Vision about her loss. The dialog here is powerful and so well written. Especially Vision putting into words a human emotion he is unfamiliar with (the feeling of loss and grief) in the most poetic and beautiful way. It is at this point that I believe their relationship and understand the comfort that Vision gives Wanda.

This show understands grief, and having gone through a lengthy period of grief myself recently, I appreciate the writing even more.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, he tried to murder Wanda with a drone, he detained an FBI agent and I'm not clear if what he was doing with Vision corpse was sanctioned by the government.
Was he not allowed to do those things? I guess not, since he got arrested. I wasn't clear on what his powers were.

Was he not allowed to do those things? I guess not, since he got arrested. I wasn't clear on what his powers were.

I don't think they ever clarified how wide SWORD's power is. Are they above the FBI? Above the CIA? Do they operate on their own, or do they need approval by the government? I have no idea.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't think they ever clarified how wide SWORD's power is. Are they above the FBI? Above the CIA? Do they operate on their own, or do they need approval by the government? I have no idea.
SHIELD was certainly allowed to use lethal force against supernatural threats. It seems odd that SWORD wouldn't be. But I guess they aren't. So he was basically going rogue then, I assume.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
SHIELD was certainly allowed to use lethal force against supernatural threats. It seems odd that SWORD wouldn't be. But I guess they aren't.
Perhaps, the drone attack might have been deemed excessive since the nature of the hex wasn't fully clear (and Wanda's role as an Avenger).

Remove ads