So, Wandavision?

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
So what other evil bunnies have you come across recently? The Monty Python Bunny was almost 50 years ago
Well, there's this one, Monty Python, Donnie Darko, Despicable Me 2 (don't judge, when there are kids in the house, you're exposed to kid stuff occasionally), and a few others that I can't seem to remember right now. I just googled "evil bunnies in movies/tv", and it came up with this article, so it seems like a few other people seem to have noticed this:

FitzTheRuke

Legend

"Fans also theorized that big bad Agatha Harkness’ rabbit Señor Scratchy was actually a hint at an even bigger villain: Mephisto, who has been called both Nick and Jack Scratch in different stories. Others have also suggested the name was a reference to sorcerer Nicholas Scratch, who happens to be Harkness’ son in past comics storylines.

While Shakman was hesistant to confirm whether Scratchy was, in fact, Mephisto, he did explain the rabbit appeared as a demon-like entity in a deleted scene. The finale was set to have what Shakman described as a “Goonies set-piece” following Wanda’s twins, Monica, Darcy, and Ralph Bohner (fake Pietro Maximoff) as they attempt to steal the Darkhold from Agatha’s basement. Scratchy was scripted to turn into a demon, who would go on to terrorize the group."

See? They should have done one more episode and put THAT in!

FB_IMG_1615261830011.jpg

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It's just something that Vision can do. It's not a "normal" property of Vibranium, but Vibranium can do a lot of things if you know how to make it do it. I don't think it's about "quantity" of the stuff, but about understanding it (or lucking out) enough in your use of it that you can make it do things. Amazing things.

Note, the original comics Vision isn't made of vibranium at all.

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Yes, that's true. Hey, speaking of which. I am pretty impressed with your comic knowledge. (I own a comic store coming up on 28 years, and I'm pretty good at comic trivia. You appear to have a solid working knowledge - better than most people in the comic industry. Way to go!)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Isnt the comics Vision made of Horton Cells, and arent they essentially synthetic nanobots that mimic human cells?
I was under the impression that Visions phase abilities was due to his cells each being distinct and thus seperable

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Isnt the comics Vision made of Horton Cells, and arent they essentially synthetic nanobots that mimic human cells?
I was under the impression that Visions phase abilities was due to his cells each being distinct and thus seperable
That was how it was. There have been many retcons and rebirths for him. Still, there is no reason why in the MCU they can't make intangibility some kind of rare effect that comes from the synthetic flesh that Doctor Cho fused with vibranium when she was printing a body for Ultron. It's probably a unique feature of the nearly-impossible-to-recreate conditions that caused Vision to exist in the MCU.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
That was how it was. There have been many retcons and rebirths for him. Still, there is no reason why in the MCU they can't make intangibility some kind of rare effect that comes from the synthetic flesh that Doctor Cho fused with vibranium when she was printing a body for Ultron. It's probably a unique feature of the nearly-impossible-to-recreate conditions that caused Vision to exist in the MCU.
It's…. quantum-vibranium! :LOL:

I haven't watched since the first episode, which I thought was meandering, pointless, and generally bad tv. Does it get better, and how many episodes do I have to watch before the concept actually starts to make sense?
And if I don't like it, do you think this will be required viewing for future MCU movies?

I don't think it is required viewing, as tv and cinema are two separate media. Wandavision is said to tie into the next Doctor Strange movie, but I'm sure that movie will catch everone up on what's going on. That said, there is a lot of important character development in regards to both Wanda and Vision in this show.

But the format of the show is a mystery disguised as a sitcom. If you dislike the concept of watching sitcoms from various eras while trying to pick up on subtle clues, then maybe this show is not for you. The show kind of demands that you're interested in figuring out its plot, rather than wanting to skip to the point where it all makes sense.

I do think that from episode 3, things become more clear, and episode 4 is basically a big exposition.

Remove ads