So, Wandavision?

pukunui

Legend
Looks like I was right about the helicopter.

Interesting that Wanda edited the broadcast, resulting in the people outside thinking that Woo’s attempt to reach her had failed.

I wonder what happened to the agent who turned into a beekeeper on his way through the sewers. Wanda rewound that bit. Did she erase him from existence? If not, I wonder if there is any significance to the fact that his HAZMAT suit changed to a beekeeper outfit, complete with bees. And since Monica couldn’t remember who she was, can Agent Franklin? Assuming he still exists somewhere in Westview.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And since Monica couldn’t remember who she was, can Agent Franklin? Assuming he still exists somewhere in Westview.

I think Wanda's control over people's memory is not complete - or Monica couldn't have referred to Ultron. Or maybe "control over memory" isn't the right model. Maybe more like they are in a hypnotic state, or the like. It seems like other residents have some awareness of things - at least as far as to know that cheesing off Wanda gets you sent to the cornfield...

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
It was fascinating just seeing more of the Unsnap moment at the start of the episode. We didn't get to see much of it at all in Endgame, and Spider-Man Far From Home kind-of just rushed through it.

Still want to know what happened to people who were, say, speeding down a highway or on a transatlantic flight when Thanos Snapped them. Did they come back right where they vanished too?
Considering the Snap, and then the Return, would have legitimately been the most impactful events in human history, you could have an entire genre of stories just exploring the various ramifications.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I think Wanda's control over people's memory is not complete - or Monica couldn't have referred to Ultron. Or maybe "control over memory" isn't the right model. Maybe more like they are in a hypnotic state, or the like. It seems like other residents have some awareness of things - at least as far as to know that cheesing off Wanda gets you sent to the cornfield...
It seems like the hypnotic state thing is most likely - they are inside a ‘mind control bubble’, but occasionally have moments of disonnance.
In Geraldines case in seems that when Wanda was singing Sokovian lullabies and remembering Pietro she dropped the illusion enough that Monicas mind was able to surface enough to give Geraldine an off script ‘memory’

I wonder if Agnes is in the hypnotic state or if she is fully lucid and playing along (I also wonder if she is Jimmy’s ‘witness protection client’ - that detail has to be relevant somehow)

Considering the Snap, and then the Return, would have legitimately been the most impactful events in human history, you could have an entire genre of stories just exploring the various ramifications.

Indeed it might be interesting in future to see such stories being told.

As to the blip and people flying/driving etc Feige clarified that when Smart Hulk snapped his fingers he wished for everyone to be returned safely - the safely part means that those at 35000 ft were all returned safely to the ground and all cars were stopped etc

MarkB

Legend
There's a hint -- really just a moment -- in this last one that suggests that "It's all Wanda" might be a rush to judgment.
Are you referring to the censorship of the out-of-character moments? That does seem like it's not something Wanda herself is doing.

Even if Wanda really wants to live in retro-sitcom-land, there's no reason for her to be deliberately broadcasting the 'show' to the outside. And if she's not broadcasting it, she's not the one who's censoring it either.

Davies

Legend
Are you referring to the censorship of the out-of-character moments? That does seem like it's not something Wanda herself is doing.
That's another one, but I was thinking about the little smirk that Vision gives at the end, while Wanda's back is to him. Something about that expression, so unlike the "decent and honorable" person that he's supposed to be, doesn't sit well with me.

After watching episode 4, I spent some time reading different articles about easter eggs and new theories for the show and Phase 4 and there is some interesting stuff people are thinking up.

This article is a good one and includes something that did not occur to me. I will spoiler it, for those who do not want to click on the link.

Darcy detects unnaturally high levels of "Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation," which she defines as "relic radiation dating back to the Big Bang." It's unclear how this cosmic radiation ties into the story of WandaVision, but comic book readers will immediately recognize it as a reference to the raw energy of creation in Marvel Comics - and the source of the Fantastic Four's powers. Marvel has recently confirmed a Fantastic Four film is in the works, so this can only be direct setup for Marvel's First Family. It's possible that, in the MCU, the Fantastic Four are connected to SWORD; note that Director Hayward has a strong reaction to the mention of cosmic radiation, and claims to still have teams of astronauts missing.

I wonder if Agnes is in the hypnotic state or if she is fully lucid and playing along (I also wonder if she is Jimmy’s ‘witness protection client’ - that detail has to be relevant somehow).

Some are theorizing that it is Agnes' mentioned, but never seen, husband who is the Witness Protection person. Or he could still be the BBEG of the show too.

pukunui

Legend
Do you suppose that Jimmy Woo and Dr Darcy are meant to be stand-ins for us, the audience?

I mean, they’re asking all the same questions we are (e.g. “Why a sitcom?”, “What’s the meaning of the hexagons?”, etc) and having all the same reactions (e.g. Getting the warm and fuzzies when Wanda gives birth).

Remove ads