So, Wandavision?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
We may note that Agnes and Dottie were not on the list of actors identified by Agent Wu and his team - but that may just be so some nerd keep chewing on the mystery of whether they are special or not.
If any of the speculation turns out to be true, it may be that Agnes (her friend) is actually Agatha Harkness and Dottie (her foe) is Clea.

... I kind of like the idea that the "good" character is her antagonist, and the "bad" character is her friend!

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Just watched the last two episodes. I'm glad I watched them together and didn't have a week at that cliffhanger.

I'm glad we're finally getting some answers. The show is becoming something that I like now.

Like others, I'm also wondering if Vision is actually an animated corpse or just a figment of Wanda's mind.

The possible FF tie in is also interesting, hinting at what the future of the MCU could look like.

It's also puzzling why none of the events of this were mentioned in Far From Home. Is Nick Fury already off world?

Most of all, I'm wondering how this series is going to end. Is Wanda somehow going to willingly break free of her false reality, or is SWORD somehow going to stop her from causing even more damage? It's almost definitely going to set up a few more shows/movies by the end of it. I wonder which ones (other than the few we already know about) will be set up.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Neither Agatha Harkness nor Clea is, to my understanding, traditionally villainous.
That's kind of my point, but I guess I didn't make it well. Generally I assumed that most people assume that Agatha Harkness is more of a villain (though she is not always) and Clea was more of a hero (though she is not always). My idea was that Dottie (should she be Clea) could turn out to be working with Dr. Strange (to protect the multiverse) while Agnes might be there to influence Wanda toward messing things up (for whatever purpose). But early in the show, it seemed that Agnes was a friendly neighbour, and Dottie was the mean one.

This episode also specifically called attention to the fact that Wanda's "bubble" is hexagon shaped. So this implies that the shape might be relevant for some reason. It is a bit odd to say the least. Obviously the town itself isn't shaped like a hexagon, and why would Wanda's mind create a shape so orderly?

The episode did give us one possible reason for why the cops outside were affected when the investigators weren't; the cops may have had ties to the town. Maybe they were originally from West View (they said they were from East View). Or maybe West View was originally under their jurisdiction, but Wanda doesn't want any outsiders to enter. Woo described having a feeling of being unwelcome.

This whole situation has a bit of an SCP/Control vibe to it, and I love it. Last night I showed all 4 episodes in a row to a friend of mine who knew nothing about the show yet, but she IS familiar with the MCU and most of the movies. She loved it.

I hope next week's episode takes us back to an 80's sitcom.

Last edited:

Davies

Legend
Trying to work out some timeline stuff here -- has there been any indication how much time there was between the unsnap and Tony's funeral? Because Wanda was in a significantly better emotional situation at that point than she is here.

Trying to work out some timeline stuff here -- has there been any indication how much time there was between the unsnap and Tony's funeral? Because Wanda was in a significantly better emotional situation at that point than she is here.

Well, this episode gives us a lot of detail on that. A few weeks prior to Woo encountering the West View anomaly, we see Monica being unsnapped. Monica contacts SWORD after the first 3 weeks after she was brought back, but she wasn't the first to be unsnapped by far. Commemorative plaques of her mother and other operatives are still on the wall, and there are still news reports of people being "unsnapped". The unsnap isn't instantaneous. People seem to be coming back one by one over the course of at least several months.

It seems Monica travels to the city limits of West View the very next day after contacting SWORD, where she contacts Woo and is drawn into Wanda's bubble. 24 hours later, SWORD has established a response base around West View and has called in various scientists.

Woo gives us some more information on the matter. He had a witness inside West View which vanished and no one had sudden ever heard of him. Woo took the first flight of Oakland (presumably this happened one day prior to him meeting Monica) to investigate the situation in person, which is when he encountered the bubble.

Apparently Wanda's bubble extends roughly by a 5 mile radius. SWORD has already attempted and failed at using the phone lines to contact the anomaly, they've sent in 2 agents, they've attempted drones, and they've attempted digital communications.

So a rough timeline:

5 years ago - The Snap (Avengers Infinity War)
Several weeks ago - The unsnap (Avengers Endgame)
Undetermined date - Tony's funeral, Wanda seems alright
Start of the episode - Monica is unsnapped
3 weeks later - Monica contacts SWORD, Missing person report, Woo encounters the Anomaly
The day after (presumably) - Monica meets Woo, Monica is sucked into the anomaly
24 hours later - SWORD establishes a response base
That same night - Darcy and Woo attempt radio contact, an agent in Hazmat suit is sent in and becomes the beekeeper, Monica is ejected from the anomaly.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend

I think one if them said two years had passed in episode 4.

Rune

Once A Fool
I think one if them said two years had passed in episode 4.
When Monica was in the hospital, she was told her mother’s cancer had returned two years after Monica disappeared, which was three years ago.

When Monica returned to SWORD, Active Director Hayward told her it’s been three weeks (since the return of people blipped away, presumably).

It’s been a minute since I last watched Endgame; I can’t remember if we saw a funeral or a memorial service. If the latter, it might not even have happened yet.

I took some screen grabs of the episode. Of the hexagon and some of the case files. I can barely make out some of the descriptions of the various 'characters' on the show, which seem to say nothing more than what we've seen of the characters during the first 3 episodes; when they appear, and in what scene of the show. Unfortunately, the file for Agnes is impossible to make out. Would have been interesting to see what her real name was.

Also of interest. In episode 2 Vision's magic cabinet also has a hexagon on it, similar in shape to the Mindstone. However, the hexagon shape is elongated, instead of the symmetrical shape of the town. So probably this is unconnected. Note that the screengrab of the hexagon that I took was taken at an angle, skewing the shape a bit.

wandavision-mcu-easter-eggs-episode-2-mind-stone-shape.png

Attachments

• wandavision_agnes1.jpg
    wandavision_agnes1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 60
  • wandavision_agnes2.jpg
    wandavision_agnes2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 59
  • wandavision_beverly.jpg
    wandavision_beverly.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 76
  • wandavision_herb.jpg