So, Wandavision?

pukunui

Legend
Was there a scene with a cacophony of voices?
I think so? Just wondering if maybe that’s why Spader is listed in the cast.

But you know we could at least get Ultron’s voice with white Vision because he’s powered by Wanda’s chaos magic, and having Ultron’s voice coming out of her husband’s body would be pretty traumatic ...

I think so? Just wondering if maybe that’s why Spader is listed in the cast.

But you know we could at least get Ultron’s voice with white Vision because he’s powered by Wanda’s chaos magic, and having Ultron’s voice coming out of her husband’s body would be pretty traumatic ...

None of the actors who had lines recycled from the movies have been listed in any of the credits, so for Spader to be listed, it would have to be for new voice work.

Wishbone

Paladin Radmaster
So, they're really just playing back that segment of the comics. They could play the Ultron card, but... why? I mean, narratively - the next big bad is Kang, not Ultron. Why bring back Ultron again? Do we have narrative space in the movies for Ultron at this point? I don't think so.
They're namedropped Ultron a few times so it seems like they could be building to it for sure. Not that I'd expect him to make it out of the show to the movies at all mind you.

Hayward seemed to be goading Wanda into jumpstarting Vision. I feel like a purely mercenary rationale for trying to build a new Vision is too simple; I wonder if there's a deeper threat that they feel they need a Vision to combat?
Absolutely. Wanda's breakdown wasn't an accident, Hayward deliberately pushed her and pushed her.

Now it could be that he is just an evil military type trying to make an android superweapon. But someone else would have reason for wanting a vision-body repaired: Ultron.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
They're namedropped Ultron a few times so it seems like they could be building to it for sure. Not that I'd expect him to make it out of the show to the movies at all mind you.

The show has all of about a half hour left, though. So, I don't know if they can really develop this into a "return of Ultron" before they have to un-return him.

I mean, unless they're making him a pawn on the board for the next BBEG to play with, which I suppose may be a fairly comic-book style plot.

Now it could be that he is just an evil military type trying to make an android superweapon. But someone else would have reason for wanting a vision-body repaired: Ultron.

And, let us remember that the original version of this was effectively instigated by Kang, who we know is coming up.

hawkeyefan

Legend
Good episode. They did a really good job of conveying the trauma that Wanda’s been through. It’s easy to understand why she’s kind of snapped, without pushing her into villainous territory. The comics never quite managed that when they did her breakdown.

I’m hoping that somehow Quicksilver and Vision make it out of this, but after this episode, I’m doubtful of both. We’ll see.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Ultron's head did appear in Spider-Man: Homecoming on Stark's invisible jet, but that was probably just an Easter Egg. They could bring Ultron back, but I'm not sure why they would do that at this point.

Remove ads