So, Wandavision?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I was right, its All Wamda's fault : )

Wanda wielding uncontrolled Chaos Magic is a serious threat to the Multiverse and Agatha came to Westview to try and reign in that power.

I don't believe that's correct. I don't think Agatha knew what Wanda was. She came to investigate massive power, because that's what Agatha deals in.

Let us be clear - Agatha was willing and able to kill something like a dozen people, including her own mother to be allowed to use power as she desired, after trying to rules-lawyer her way out of their judgement. Agatha is not a hero. Not a nice person, protecting the world. Agatha is a centuries-old accumulator of great power. If she now opposes Wanda, it is because Wanda threatens Agatha. The world is secondary, as the place she keeps all her stuff.

I'm a bit confused about Vision though since its seems that SWORD (Haywood) still has VISIONS body and Wanda's Vision is a mental construct

Agatha tells us that Wanda is capable of acts of creation. Her Vision is not just a "mental construct". He's a real thing, assembled by Wanda out of her pure power, within the space of the Hex.

Last edited:

Dire Bare

Legend
Agatha's motivations aren't actually that bad - she recognises Wanda as a serious potential threat to the world around her, and wants to stop her. It's just that her methods are likely to be ruthless - she's already holding Wanda's kids hostage, and isn't averse to murdering people in order to acheive her goals.
Wanda wielding uncontrolled Chaos Magic is a serious threat to the Multiverse and Agatha came to Westview to try and reign in that power. Agatha is ambitious and willing to break the rules to get want she wants, but she only killed people who were attempting to kill her first and she knows the children on the leash are magical constructs. The moral ambiguity of the show and the confrontation is great - and personally I'm Team Agatha!
Agatha clearly recognizes the threat Wanda's chaos magic poses . . . . but that doesn't make Agatha the slightly bit altruistic. I'm sure Agatha doesn't want the world to explode or anything, but she's been toying with and studying Wanda because she wants what Wanda has . . . power.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
My favorite post-episode theory was that Hayward's Vision will be Ultron's consciousness in Vision's body that Vision will need to put down again.

I hope not.

Comics history - there was a time when rogue agents of the US government were manipulated by Immortus (one possible form of Kang the Conqueror) and captured and disassembled the Vision. When rescued, Hank Pym reassembled him, but the source of his brain engrams that gave him emotion (Wonder Man aka Simon WIlliams) refused to allow his mind to be used again to imprint on Vision. So, Vision was reactivated, but in a logical, emotionless state. In disassembling him, his skin was damaged, thus the pale appearance.

Just after this, Mephisto took the bits of his should back from Wanda's kids...

So, they're really just playing back that segment of the comics. They could play the Ultron card, but... why? I mean, narratively - the next big bad is Kang, not Ultron. Why bring back Ultron again? Do we have narrative space in the movies for Ultron at this point? I don't think so.

I hope not.

Comics history - there was a time when rogue agents of the US government were manipulated by Immortus (one possible form of Kang the Conqueror) and captured and disassembled the Vision. When rescued, Hank Pym reassembled him, but the source of his brain engrams that gave him emotion (Wonder Man aka Simon WIlliams) refused to allow his mind to be used again to imprint on Vision. So, Vision was reactivated, but in a logical, emotionless state. In disassembling him, his skin was damaged, thus the pale appearance.

Just after this, Mephisto took the bits of his should back from Wanda's kids...

So, they're really just playing back that segment of the comics. They could play the Ultron card, but... why? I mean, narratively - the next big bad is Kang, not Ultron. Why bring back Ultron again? Do we have narrative space in the movies for Ultron at this point? I don't think so.

Well, a lot of the rumors/theories out there now are about James Spader using his Ultron voice as the voice of White Vision in episode 9. And while IMDB does not list him, Google has him listed as part of the cast for the show. So not really Ultron, just sounding like him?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Let us be clear - Agatha was willing and able to kill something like a dozen people, including her own mother to be allowed to use power as she desired, after trying to rules-lawyer her way out of their judgement. Agatha is not a hero. Not a nice person, protecting the world.
She killed a DOG. If puppy-killin‘ don’t scream “evil,” I’m not sure what does. 😉

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
What I got from Agatha was mostly jealousy : the same sort of jealousy you might see from an old hand at the gym for someone with good genetics who builds more muscle in 2 years than they have in 20. Agatha seemed incredulously that Wanda was able to accomplish so much more than Agatha could with basically no training. How dare Wanda.

Remove ads