So, Wandavision?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I gotta admit, i kept going "show us the name come on" when the bomb landed in the apartment.......

Yeah I kept repeating to myself “we wait for two days for Tony Stark to kill us”

Absolutely. Wanda's breakdown wasn't an accident, Hayward deliberately pushed her and pushed her.

Now it could be that he is just an evil military type trying to make an android superweapon. But someone else would have reason for wanting a vision-body repaired: Ultron.

If it was just movies I’d say the return of Ultron was highly unlikely, since unlike comics, movies dont tend to bring villains back in the same run.
The TV shows however do change that so a TV Ultron might be possible as a secondary villain, but it would need to be a really good story, especially as there are other ‘Android’ villains that could be used instead

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
They could bring Ultron back, but I'm not sure why they would do that at this point.

So, on a drive with my wife today, we came up with this, that is totally in-genre and type, and it starts with the question - how in the world does Heyward know Wanda has the power to resurrect the Vision? Someone had to give him that idea. There's no sign of it in what she has done to date.

So, Immortus knows Kang is coming. He needs the Avengers to stop Kang, but now there are effectively no Avengers. So, he needs to kick the Avengers back into motion, and so arranges for Heyward to try to bring back Vision, which will bring back Ultron, which will get some new Avengers to stand up. All this is totally in-character for Immortus in the comics.

Alternatively, Kang is behind the scenes, and intends to use Ultron as a tool. Which is also totally in character for Kang.

Or, you know, Ultron is there just to up the ante for one episode, and doesn't mean anything long term.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
It's funny, I didn't realize until someone pointed it out to me that Hayward would have had no stated reason to expect Wanda to be in Westview, or that she would have made her own Vision construct. When he sent Monica to meet with Jimmy Woo it was to use one of their drones on a missing persons case. Now he could have tracked Wanda to Westview since it looks like she went directly there from SWORD but it seems like he's seizing an opportunity. Might be its a CIA-FBI style jurisdictional thing with the FBI as a pretense for SWORD to operate in the U.S. like the plot of Sicario?
Except it looks like Wanda was purchasing a home in Westview (the empty foundation she visits before making the hex). Hayward, as head of SWORD would likely have access to some governmental records on Wanda (including public records like real estate sales). And I agree with others here that he has manipulated Wanda in an attempt to "jumpstart" Vision for him. He probably did a deep dive on her after the Blip, so when he hears about strange goings-on in Westview that started right after she came to see Vision at SWORD, well, it all adds up to me.

Alternatively, Kang is behind the scenes, and intends to use Ultron as a tool. Which is also totally in character for Kang.
All this talk about Kang reminds me of a short story i read years ago in a collection of super-villain focused stories. Kang sets off a nuke in NYC and thus taking out all of the heroes there,letting he finally conquer the US or world (i forgot which one it was) he also deals with Hulk but finds it's not so easy to rule when Galactus shows up and he gets back stabbed by Baron Mordo. So he travels back in time and stops himself from setting off the nuke.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I wonder if Wanda, learning that she is a Chaos Mage and realizing the dire threat she poses to reality, seeks out Dr Strange to help her learn to control her magic. Dr Strange would kind of take over Agatha's role from the comics.

And I believe Agatha created Sparky (and killed him) as one of her attempts to "wake Wanda up" from her fantasy, setting up the "life lesson" Wanda tells the twins. Agatha hoped the irony of what Wanda was saying about bringing back the dead would do the trick.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Except it looks like Wanda was purchasing a home in Westview (the empty foundation she visits before making the hex). Hayward, as head of SWORD would likely have access to some governmental records on Wanda (including public records like real estate sales). And I agree with others here that he has manipulated Wanda in an attempt to "jumpstart" Vision for him. He probably did a deep dive on her after the Blip, so when he hears about strange goings-on in Westview that started right after she came to see Vision at SWORD, well, it all adds up to me.

Is Wanda even legally in the US at the moment? I thought she was still confined to the Avengers base.
Of course the blip might have changed things, but I’m not sure if a former foreign terrorist with super powers would be causally out buying real estate in New Jersey

MarkB

Legend
Or, you know, Ultron is there just to up the ante for one episode, and doesn't mean anything long term.
Everything transforms when it goes into the Hex, so I'm imagining white-Vision sailing on in, transforming into Ultron, and saying "There are no strings on m-"

Then Agatha lassos him with half a dozen of those magic energy-lariats, and puppets him into battle against Wanda.

Is Wanda even legally in the US at the moment? I thought she was still confined to the Avengers base.
Of course the blip might have changed things, but I’m not sure if a former foreign terrorist with super powers would be causally out buying real estate in New Jersey

If the deed and note on it were not just a setup to get her to go there, then the property was bought by Vision as a surprise for her, to give them a place to build their own home and life together.

Omand

Hero
If the deed and note on it were not just a setup to get her to go there, then the property was bought by Vision as a surprise for her, to give them a place to build their own home and life together.
Yes, that is what I took away from it as well.

Either the deed was a set up by Hayward, or Wanda had it in the car before her meeting at SWORD and we, the audience, were kept in the dark until the reveal at the foundations of the house to help build up the emotion of the scene.

I have to admit, it did work. Not a tear inducing moment, but it did make me feel sad for Wanda that the romance we saw between her and Vision was no longer there. It made the creation of the Hex very believable in the moment.

Cheers :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Remember, the Blip had just happened. They had just had 5 years of half of the world being dead, and a lot of that grief would still be there after just a couple weeks.
It might be that, or it might be that Agatha was already living there, with the Darkhold in her basement. I love Agatha too (I mean, she seemed to honestly wipe a tear while watching Vision and Wanda fall in love - how can you hate that). But still. She's probably a pure villain. Also, what exactly are those catacombs in her basement?

Also... did Vision buy that empty foundation in that town before he died? Is that what that note she read implied?

Remove ads