So, Wandavision?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah. Looking forward to it is part of the fun, and the shared experience lasts longer than a few days.

It is funny how they are re-inventing the wheel. Streaming services seem to be slowly moving themselves back to the broadcast TV model of presentation, but now you have to pay for each individual channel.

Marc Radle

Legend
It is funny how they are re-inventing the wheel. Streaming services seem to be slowly moving themselves back to the broadcast TV model of presentation, but now you have to pay for each individual channel.
Agreed.
I’m actually thrilled that they are doing week to week. I never liked the ‘drop an entire season at once’ approach, so I’m very happy to see streaming networks moving away from it

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I’m confused about Agnes. It does appear she’s under Wanda’s control and yet she also seems to know what’s going on.

It also seems maybe Herb does too.

And Pietro, if it really is him, definitely knows what’s going on.

So, this seems consistent with what we see:
The closer you are to Wanda, the more active you are - the farther folks are from Wanda (or perhaps more accurately, the less involved people are in the action of the "sitcom"), the more they become like lawn ornaments.
The more active you are in the Hex, the more aware you are. Vision and Peitro are very close to Wanda, so they have more awareness and free will. Agnes became less aware the farther she was from the center of the action.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I’m actually thrilled that they are doing week to week. I never like the ‘drop an entire season at once’ approach, so I’m very happy to see streaming networks moving away from it

Yeah. Even when I have the opportunity, I have little desire to binge-watch. Which has been crummy when virtually everyone else has seen a show, so when I get around to it, nobody else is interested in discussing it, and they all have more information than I do. The weekly format helps return the social aspect of viewing - like in this thread :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Of course the obvious heroic team in it are the Trio of Jummy Woo, Moniva Rambeau and Dr Darcy Lewis. They make for a great team and there is a fan push for Jimmy Woo to get his own spin off series as a kind of MCU 'X-FIles' - I'd love to see it.
It has been good to see what in other properties would be throwaway characters get development like this. And I'd not mind seeing him in the replacement for Agents of SHIELD...

Interestingly - everyone I have seen speak about Jimmy Woo and a spinoff keep referring to it as "Jimmy Woo, Agent of SWORD". He used to be in SHIELD, and currently works for the FBI. And with someone like Hayward at the helm, I don't think Woo (who has been set out as a pretty decent guy) would want to be in SWORD at this point..

hawkeyefan

Legend
I don't think that was "falling apart" - it looked more like being ripped apart - all his bits streaming back into the Hex, not to the ground.

Pretty sure he was reverting to the state he was in before the Hex. Which was in pieces.

It has been good to see what in other properties would be throwaway characters get development like this. And I'd not mind seeing him in the replacement for Agents of SHIELD...

Interestingly - everyone I have seen speak about Jimmy Woo and a spinoff keep referring to it as "Jimmy Woo, Agent of SWORD". He used to be in SHIELD, and currently works for the FBI. And with someone like Hayward at the helm, I don't think Woo (who has been set out as a pretty decent guy) would want to be in SWORD at this point..

They could go a few different ways with him. In the comics he’s the head of Atlas. Very much like Nick Fury was to SHIELD. Atlas has gone through a few iterations.

Woo and Darcy in a MCU X-Files type show seems to have some traction.

Remove ads