So, Wandavision?

MarkB

Legend
I'm getting a strong urge to re-watch the entire series and see what I can pick up in retrospect. I'll probably hold off until after next episode though.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I was avoiding spoilers all day because the internet was telling me how revealing this episode was. The reveal being that he next door neighbour is (obviously) a fellow magic user was rather underwhelming. And I don’t get what’s interesting about the much-hyped mid-credits sequence? Peter found Monica snooping? I feel like I missed something.

152688510_4177218018956404_7610960034331209616_n.jpg

Vael

Legend
Or Mephisto. Or both. Or neither. Ralph may not exist at all and was just made up by Agatha so she would not seem weird as a single lady of her age range running around in a 50's sitcom setting.

And we still have no clue if this person in FBI Witness Protection is someone important or just a red herring/throwaway.

I'm thinking if Mephisto was going to be a factor, they'd have already been introduced. Now that Agatha is in play, I'm pretty sure she's the heavy of the piece. At best, there might be a off-hand reference, but I don't think we'll see Mephisto.

pukunui

Legend
And I don’t get what’s interesting about the much-hyped mid-credits sequence? Peter found Monica snooping? I feel like I missed something.
I think it’s not so much the scene itself but the fact that we’re seven episodes in and this is the first time they’ve included one.

And I don’t get what’s interesting about the much-hyped mid-credits sequence? Peter found Monica snooping? I feel like I missed something.

I need to watch it again to confirm, but a lot of the talk online about this scene is that Monica's eyes supposedly went purple after she opened the cellar door and saw how weird it looked inside. So it may be saying she is under Agatha's control now, instead of Wanda's or instead of being free of any control. Maybe it is hinting at a Monica vs Vision fight or something?

Edit: Just watched that again and yes, her eyes turn purple right before Pietro surprises her and are still purple when she looks at him. So that means something important in the mind control area.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And maybe also the WandaVision intros the Fantastic Four theory? Although that one is still an option, I suppose.

That was mostly based on the "aerospace engineer" thing. Why hang on to a theory when the basic reason to have the theory has been disproven?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
From one of the Easter Egg/Spoiler articles for the episode:

... In the comics, the nexus was created by an ill-thought-through spell woven in the Florida Everglades, and it became guarded by the Man-Thing.

I question the origin you give there - pretty much every source i find says that it is not known if it is natural or created by someone/something. It certainly wasn't created in recent history.

That was mostly based on the "aerospace engineer" thing. Why hang on to a theory when the basic reason to have the theory has been disproven?

I still say this is a small possibility. I do not think the actual designer/creator of the vehicle was at the site in the episode. The female major could have been this aerospace engineer whom Monica called "my guy", but more likely the engineer is still back in whatever lab they have their job. And instead of this show naming him, the FF movie may have a reference back to designing this special truck for Monica, or should I call her Spectrum now? Or it could be a different character who will show up in another movie or series and tie it back to this.

Remove ads