So, Wandavision?

MarkB

Legend
I thought that her eyes glowing showed that she was activating her own powers, like when she came through the barrier.
Sure, when they were doing that intense blue glow, that's her own powers. But when Agatha ensorcelled Wanda at the end it made Wanda's eyes take on that same purple glow, so it seems more likely that purple-glowy signifies "Agatha's in control". But I'm betting Monica's own powers will let her fight off that influence more easily.

I know this is a real stretch, no pun intended, but isn’t Monica’s outfit vaguely reminiscent of the FF suits?
It's based on the character's outfit from the comics:

1613829749480.png

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I think Monica was already manifesting her powers somewhat after her return from the Hex. Her x-ray was washed out, like an over-exposed photograph. I think she was subconsciously emitting x-rays as she was hit with them, thus ruining the x-ray exam. Or it was to show her body was energy, and the machine's x-rays just passed through. Either way, her powers were already starting to show.

Nellisir

Hero
I haven't gone back through this thread, or seen mention of this online, but...
I watched Wandavision. Then I started on Agents of Shield for the first time in months. I hated Season 3 and couldn't finish it, so jumped to Season 4. Binged episodes 1-4, and is my wont, let episode 5 run for a few minutes before shutting the tv off.

This is the episode wherein, in flashback in the first two minutes, the "ghost" people are shown finding the Darkhold.
They go into a basement, and pass a birdcage. There's a poster of a carnival advertising Quentin's Carnival on the wall. Another poster, this one of Voltarra, Mistress of Light. She's a blonde, but with a big "electric" afro. And then the Darkhold, hidden in the floor.

It's not an exact match up, obviously, but...holy smokes. That's a LOT of coincidence for one scene. Agatha's basement features a similar birdcage; Wanda creates a carnival (intentionally?); Monica's superhero identity (one of them) is Photon. Her powers are electro-magnetic based, most notably light. And then, big bad evil book.

I don't know what it means. Very likely it's just a fun throwback. But still...just how long have the threads of this show been around??

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Least fav "comedy" part. Really like modern family but this didn't work for me. No idea who Agatha is, so will have to read all about her.
Yeah, I didn't get this decade's framing reference. Felt a little like solo When Harry Met Sally interludes.

MarkB

Legend
I wonder whether we'll even have a framing 'show' next episode, or if that's all abandoned with this show's reveal. Then again, I'm no more familiar with 20teens family sitcoms than I was with this week's so it'll probably make little difference to me.

Remove ads