So, Wandavision?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
She killed Sparky.

Given that Agatha showed up with a doghouse without ever having been told there was a dog, it is quite possible that the dog was a magical construct she created for the boys, not an actual dog.

As an example of how this could all work - imagine the entire Hex may be intended as a bit of a cage or terrarium for Wanda, possibly to allow her to work through her grief in a relatively safe space, so that she's not a danger to the rest of humanity. The harms necessary to allow this to happen inside the Hex may be considered better than having her rampage with her powers.

Or, you know, Agnes or others are taking advantage of her to bring a couple of shards of a supernatural entity (Chthon, or Mephisto) into the world. That's always a possibility. It'd be a bit of a turn from comics Agatha, but, c'est la vie.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Or Wanda wrote it, because there is a dream within the dream (see: Inception). Evil Agatha is just another fictional creation.

I think the most likely situation is that Wanda went looking for a way to bring Vision back, found Agatha. Agatha told her that could be managed. Wanda fetches Vision, and then Agatha gives Wanda exactly what she wants, but in a way that serves Agatha's own ends.

Doubly likely if the book on the podium was the Darkhold, and Wanda rescued it from SWORD custody...

Dire Bare

Legend
I feel like they need to avoid some inciting event for mutants. Like, a person shouldn’t be a mutant because something happened to them. It messes with the allegory quite a lot, and I bet there’d be some serious backlash if they went that route.

Mutants should probably be born mutants.
I agree.

There doesn't really need to be some sort of inciting event at all. Mutants have always existed in the MCU, they just stayed under the radar until they haven't . . . . some are perhaps the heroes we already have met, like Wanda. Others are at home concealing their abilities. Others are "out", but we simply haven't seen any movies about them yet.

In most of the older X-Men movies, the general public wasn't aware of mutants until some catastrophe brought them to the world's attention. But mutants were always there. Growing in frequency perhaps, but always there.

Dire Bare

Legend
I think they were going to run with the inhumans as the mutant substitute but the show ended after one season.
They were.

That was before Disney acquired Fox. And before they made that awful Inhumans TV show, that killed that idea dead in the water.

Remove ads