So, Wandavision?

tomBitonti

Adventurer
He was given a fear-inducing vision, by a person who was radicalized by loss of her parents... to weapons his company built! He was not actively under her control when he started working with the Mind Stone. And, the Ultron project had been in development before the movie started. The project is his reaction to his own untreated PTSD...

So, if we are giving him a pass, then we should give her one, is all I'm saying.

He had two entire movies of rampages before Age of Ultron.

Because Clint Barton is perfect, even in his period of mourning the loss of his entire family, and should be allowed to act as judge, jury, and executioner?

So, mental conditioning relieves one of moral and ethical responsibility, but grief doesn't?

Seems a bit cherry-picking on what psychological situations give people a pass...
Uh, I don’t think that I relieved any of the supers of moral or ethical responsibility. To add a mitigating statement for Wanda, she was attempting and failing to handle her grief, and her actions were more or less a psychological breakdown, with additional consequences due to her psychic powers. Her emotional outburst seems normal for intense grief. It just had unusual and very possibly unintended consequences. To say, mitigation is not absolution. It’s just that the circumstances are complex.
* Hulk’s rage on the carrier was also instigated. Plus, Banner specifically thought going to the carrier was a bad idea. He was very deliberately placing himself away from triggers when he was brought in, against his better advice.
TomB

Disney just released the Wandavision 'Making of'. It was pretty interesting to see, and I never even considered that they digitally replaced Vision's head in every shot! I thought it was just makeup and some prostetics. The best use of CGI, is when you don't even realize it's there. They also added a digital cape for any time Vision flies, and all of the flying was wire work on location, with the wires digitally removed. A surprising lack of green screen use.

hopeless

Adventurer
From what I've been hearing and reading it sounds like
SWORD arranged that getaway to help her get over the trauma, but the idiot in charge instead triggered her by showing what they had done with Vision's remains.
Discovering the site Vision had bought planning to build their dream home there is what caused her to finally lose it.
Her breakdown caused her powers to fluctuate creating a place for her to recover which drew Agnes as she was the sorceror assigned to investigate and she chose to take advantage.
That way we have a reason for the actual breakdown and the side effect with the reason Dr Strange didn't turn up as they sent Agnes instead.

MarkB

Legend
From what I've been hearing and reading it sounds like
SWORD arranged that getaway to help her get over the trauma, but the idiot in charge instead triggered her by showing what they had done with Vision's remains.
Discovering the site Vision had bought planning to build their dream home there is what caused her to finally lose it.
Her breakdown caused her powers to fluctuate creating a place for her to recover which drew Agnes as she was the sorceror assigned to investigate and she chose to take advantage.
That way we have a reason for the actual breakdown and the side effect with the reason Dr Strange didn't turn up as they sent Agnes instead.
I don't know where you're getting the idea that Agnes was part of any larger organisation. It seems far more likely that she was independent, and just happened to be the only magically-sensitive person close enough to sense it when Wanda built the Hex. And I think you're giving SWORD too much credit in suggesting that they had any nobler motivation than just "see whether we can push Wanda into fixing our new toy for us."

hopeless

Adventurer
Also, Agnes is not a sorcerer.
THAT'S the point!
Her being a Sorceror would explain the absence of Dr Strange or any of his people who are supposed to respond to situations like this!
Agnes witnesses the event and takes advantage using it to cloak her summoning the Darkhold.
She begins to become overconfident thinking she can resolve the situation absorb Wanda's power and come back to the others with legitimate excuse that she was doing her job.
Gets caught by surprise when Wanda uses those sigils, which frankly shouldn't have worked but Agnes was caught by surprise and overwhelmed before she could recover.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases