• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So we're expecting a baby...

Joël of the FoS

First Post
skeptic said:
I wish I knew about LARP "Buffer swords" when I was a kid... It's easy to make them, you should try :p (PVC + isolating foam + duct tape)

That's true. It's another thing I did with them. Very good for them to vent their eventual aggressivness :)

Cergorach

The Laughing One
So we're expecting a baby...
So... What's all this we stuff... Da woman is doing all the hard labor. ;-)

Congrats!

ps. don't force anything, just do what you always do and the child becomes naturally curious what all the fuss is about (what's mommy and daddy doing), of course she could start playing with barbies, love the color pink and grow up being a cheerleader... Let her be what she wants to be! My parants still remember the day with dread when the said "Stop reading all those comics and try a book sometimes!" ;-)

Darthjaye

First Post
Congrats. My son will turn 3 on August 11th. I can reinforce the same thing that has already been told about letting them make their own mind up. Don't push and they will surprise you. I honestly didn't purposely expose my son to the things I really liked such as comic books and gaming, but so far he's surprised me with prefering to watch every super hero movie (as well as some interesting cartoon choices). Whether he wants to get into gaming down the road is completely up to him, but I for one, won't even ask him about it. If he see's that I'm doing it and asks I will tell him what I do. If he asks to do it, then I will show him. Just keep them very active outside too.

Harmon

First Post
Congratulations!!!

You are gonna be about six months ahead of my wife and I so please update often. EN World has been some help to me with understanding how others game and have kids.

Personally I know of no one that has attempted to raise a child at the table, so I can make no suggestions there.

Take care and once again- congratulations.

Driddle

First Post
Baby name suggestions!

Darkraven Bloodleaf
Mordenkanen
"Li'l Crit" (nickname)
Mialee
Grundarr Throggbottom
Dee Twente'
Kalkulayt Thunderquill
Derf
Eric Noah Jr.

Darthjaye

First Post
Driddle said:
Baby name suggestions!

Darkraven Bloodleaf
Mordenkanen
"Li'l Crit" (nickname)
Mialee
Grundarr Throggbottom
Dee Twente'
Kalkulayt Thunderquill
Derf
Eric Noah Jr.

Shoan Skullsplitter
Gunn Blayhawk
Batron Twiddlethumbs!!!

Of course these are all extreme and male names so it won't help you one lick if the little one's a girl. :D

But hey, you'll either alienate your boy completely (and end up on Jerry Springer) by going with our choice of names or make him a gamer for sure. :]

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Congratulations! Hope all goes well.
I hope to be there soon as well. After 22 cycles trying you sometimes get frustrated, but you gotta get back in the ring. :)

Mazal tov!

tonym

First Post
Congrats!

If you worry about your daughter being too geeky in school, just dye her hair purple and give her a really cool nickname, like Annarchy. That'll smokescreen her geekvibe.

:)
Tony M

IronWolf

blank
IronPup is only 19 months but he already has a near complete set of plush dice! I don't plan on pushing him into gaming, only exposing him to it by seeing me do it. He will probably notice my gaming collection, novel collection and if he has interest I will certainly encourage him if he chooses to head that direction.

But, I figure since I am a bit of a computer geek and gaming geek that he will probably be a football star in high school. And if that is what he chooses I will encourage in that also.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads