• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So what are you going to play with 4e?

mjukglass

First Post
So guys, what your going to play with 4e? What are going to pitch to your group come 'first campaign' time?

My group are learning the game by playing KotSF, after we are finished with that one I have a few different game pitches for my group (all fluff are changed to suit the mood of the campaign and the protagonists):

1. A low key and mellow Scandinavian fairytale with deep pine forests, mystical lakes, prophecy's and true heroics. All narrated in the classical dark and melancholic Scandinavian mythology and fairytale tradition. Visually much inspired by Paul Bonners work for Riotminds as seen in his awesome art book 'Out of the Forests'.

2. All out fantasy metal/pulp/noir. I envision a mix of Pratchets Diskworld without the hilarity blended with Shadowruns premise; group, mission and screw over and Millers Sin City. Visual inspiration coming from the great Simon Bisley and his work on Lobo/Slain.

3. A back to basic old school campaign in the PoL genre. Played and framed as a episodic TV-series with; theme song, one adventure per session (or maximum 2), 'whats on next week'. Pretty much Old school dnd produced and framed with PTA.

Doug McCrae

Legend
D&D with an Arthurian influence (inspired by the Feywild) and a bit of Tolkien, Hammer horror and World of Warcraft. Humans = english, elves = welsh/irish and dwarves = norse/scottish/jewish (as per Tolkien). There's orcs in the mountains, jousting knights waiting at the crossroads, bullywugs in the marsh and the ruined abbey is infested with stirges.

I'm going to do an all 1st edition module campaign. All but one of my players is too young to have played them, and even he hasn't played them all. I'll be starting with Keep on the Borderlands, but from there I haven't decided which others to use.

Henry

Autoexreginated
So far, I've taken a note from Keith Baker, and I'm prepping an Eberron campaign. I have the races in the back of the MM to add to the PHB, I have more material on Warforged now thanks to DDI, and I'm working on adding Monks and Dragonmarks back into the setting. I'm thinking, based on looking at the ranger class, that I can tweak a couple of the things in ranger to give monks back into the game, at least until WotC or (more likely) a third party company can put them back in.

Henry said:
I'm thinking, based on looking at the ranger class, that I can tweak a couple of the things in ranger to give monks back into the game
Damn, that's a good idea! Two-Weapon Fighting => Flurry of Blows. Superior Melee Weapon: Martial Arts - +3 proficiency bonus, 1d6 damage, off-hand. (Just need to find a way to make unarmed attacks get magical enhancements.)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Damn, that's a good idea! Two-Weapon Fighting => Flurry of Blows. Superior Melee Weapon: Martial Arts - +3 proficiency bonus, 1d6 damage, off-hand. (Just need to find a way to make unarmed attacks get magical enhancements.)

"Wristbands of Dragon Power" or some such?

Nadaka

First Post
nothing... It just does not appeal to me enough.
At least unless one of my friends decides to run a game, then whatever he runs.

Well, I'm going to be running published adventures for a while. May in fact be doing pick up games at the local store.

In terms of setting I'm thinking going to run the POL assumptions as read through the Medieval US Southwest. Villages in cliff palaces. Lots of hunter gatherers. Pilgrimage based religions. Cannibalism. Plate mail made of magically fired obsidian and ceramic.

Remove ads