• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, what Class are you dying to play?

Ahglock

First Post
nick012000 said:
Heh. When I first saw the Warlord, I thought of Kamina.

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me, who believes in you!"
"Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"
"Your drill is the drill that will peirce the heavens!"

I'm planning on playing a Kamina-style Warlord or Nanoha-style Warlock. Depends on whether or not Warlords are dependant on wearing armor (because all Kamina needs to wear is a badass cape, some sunglasses, and some pants for modesty), and how blasty Warlocks can get (could one pull of a Starlight Breaker-like attack eventually?).

If that was the motivational speech made to my I think I wouldn't be jumping up, I'd be saying whiskey tango foxtrot.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Halfling rogue. Time to return to my roots, and see if it feels similar to my 1e Keep on the Borderlands character.

But an even better idea for a Warlock would be one ordained by a 'good' church with an infernal pact, who's goal is to burn all sinners and send them to their salvation with blasts of hellfire.

Voss

First Post
Oddly enough, since it looks like both classes will rely heavily on charisma, that could work absurdly well.

Hmmm. Work some wisdom in there and have a cleric/paladin/warlock of Asmodeus and... well. I guess you could have some fun or cause some PR. Or both. Only question is do you want to be more of a leading defendery striker or a striking leadery defender.

Moochava

First Post
Ahglock said:
If that was the motivational speech made to my I think I wouldn't be jumping up, I'd be saying whiskey tango foxtrot.

Oops, that just sold me on the warlord: I'm going to play a warlord whose speeches make absolutely no sense, confusing the other party members into effectiveness. Like Yoga Berra crossed with a badly-dubbed anime coach.

"Practicing magical theory only works in theory, not in practice!"
"What?"
"+2 to arcane damage! Go! Go!"
"What?" Okay!" *FWOOSH!*
"The orcs are lined up in a circle! They're paired off in threes!"
"What's going on?!"
"Two free ranged attacks are going on!"
"Okay, whatever you say, just stop confusing me!" *Thunk! Thunk!*

Pssthpok

First Post
I'd love to play a Dragonborn Bard who's big into blues guitar and folk rock, and has a deep, throaty signing voice, but that'll have to wait until '09, I suspect.

Seule

Explorer
Moochava said:
Oops, that just sold me on the warlord: I'm going to play a warlord whose speeches make absolutely no sense, confusing the other party members into effectiveness. Like Yoga Berra crossed with a badly-dubbed anime coach.

Try watching Mystery Men for more inspiration from The Sphinx. That's what I thought of, he'd make a great cryptic Warlord. Plus, he can make guns fall in half with his mind!

--Penn

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads