So What Do Ye Do for a Living?

What do I do for a living? Well, I used to be an adventurer, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Loonook

First Post
"I'm a 3rd shift short-order cook in a 24 hour hobbit diner."

How do you handle it? Between fourthmeal, late night munches, and dawn tea? It would drive me insane.

I mean, before I worked in insurance I tried a few things. Just out of school I worked on the docks until that mimic accident. The box felt heavy, but I've never seen a whole package of Delicious Rogue Pies (now in Sneaky Strawberry and Backstabbing Blueberry).

Then there was that time working as a daytime errand runner for the bloke in the big castle. So many red wine stains! Had to go to multiple laundries just to stop the questions.

Then I was a blink dog walker until one dislocated my shoulder by blinking in fear from a milk carriage.

Of course there was that bit of time where I sold leprechaun gold chains, but that business only goes if you're willing to travel ahead of them turning to leaves.

So I finally decided to settle down and sign up with GAEICO. The benefits are excellent, and I get to meet the most interesting people.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, I was but one of many in the kitchen, so I did get time to myself.

Still, it was better than the job my old man had: he was a tailor, and one of his most prominent customers was shapeshifter with multiple personalities.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I tell you, the one thing I hate working at the diner...there's this one human who comes in and keeps ordering the Phoenix.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Lost the job at the diner, but I think I'll land on my (not so hairy) feet. I have a cousin who might give me a job- he modifies chariots and wagons with outlandish colors and features. There was one I remember had undersized wheels and a continual light spell on its underside.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
On the other hand, I got an Uncle Jimmy who advertises HIS business- an icehouse for storing the creature carcasses brought home by adventurers- with a big sign on his lawn, "Dead Naga Storage"...

I could do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads