• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, what published 3e adventures are you always going to remember?

Pinotage

Explorer
Gilead said:
Speaking of the savage tide adventure path, does anyone know if there's any plans to release it collected in to a single book like the shackled city? I'd prefer to not track down a dozen issues of dungeon to run it.

Now that Paizo no longer has a license for Dungeon, I strongly doubt it. Age of Worms never made it to hardcover, so Savage Tide won't either. You'll probably be able to buy the Savage Tide back issues from Paizo at some point, though.

Pinotage

Monkey Boy

First Post
Gilead said:
Speaking of the savage tide adventure path, does anyone know if there's any plans to release it collected in to a single book like the shackled city? I'd prefer to not track down a dozen issues of dungeon to run it.

Won't happen for the same reason an Age of Worms compilation won't happen. WOTC wont allow them to publish it. It all tangled up in Paizo's contract to publish Dungeon and Dragon mag in the first place. WOTC got to veto any compilations they did. PAizo asked to do compilations after the success of Shackled City and WOTC said no.

On to my favourite 3.5 adventures played or DM'ed-

1. Savage Tide - Dm'ed to the Farshore battle. Seemed a suitable climax and I was pretty burned out by that stage.
2. Red Hand of Doom - got to love facing down the army at Brindol. Facing certain doom and annihilation and loving it.
3. Return to Temple of Elemental Evil - modified heavily thanks to the RTTOEE board over at Monte's. Hendrak and that Vampire dude are very sweet villains.

meomwt

First Post
I'm having a blast DM-ing Lost City of Barakus right now. And another Necromancer Product, The Grey Citadel will probably remain a high-point, if only for the Barbarian body-boardng down a waterfall on his shield. I also ran NeMoren's Vault twice for different groups and had a blast each time. Great way to start a campaign.

From the players' side of the screen, I also recall The Sunless Citadel with some fondness, and the Coin Trilogy from Kenzer. Both run by a Killer DM, so very high body counts!

Hussar

Legend
Big shocker from me:

World's Largest Dungeon. It may have its warts and rough spots, but, man I had a HUGE amount of fun running this thing.

Voadam

Legend
Banewarrens.

First 3e module I played in. I had a blast with a lot of fun NPCs to interact with, great betrayals, multiple factions and politics to work with, interesting backstory to discover, and great planar and dungeon delving fun.

Had a great time ambushing a group of bad guys while protecting a gate with some allied paladins. Best use of illusory wall and alarm spells I've ever had. I also think getting the jump on the mindflayer and ogre mage prevented a TPK.

Could have done without the mech at the end of the module and could have used a little better PC centered module climax but a lot of good times.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Played:
Sunless Citadel (For Meepo more than anything else)
Forge of Fury (probably near the top in terms of fun)
RttToEE (Like others, never got all the way through it, but our character deaths were usually quite entertaining)

DM'd
Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho (great Lovecraftian feel to the lower levels, kobolds have never been scarier)
Ruins of Greyhawk (still playing obviously, but great fun so far)

tensen

First Post
DM_Jeff said:
● The Hextor cultist with the FAKE EXTRA ARMS!
Thumbs up
● The infamous bard Jeff modeled after George Takei.
Never forget him.
● Getting kicked out of the Green Table Tavern because we were jerks.
Obviously coming from Judah, since he was the only jerk :)
● And let's NEVER forget Harry Jack and his wig.
Never steal another rogue's alcohol.
● Hodge, the coolest butler.
Butler sounds too sophisticated for the type of servant he was. But he was perfect.
● Heika distilling moonbeams to cure the pig farmer's lycanthropy
Never underestimate the player's ability to take a simple sidequest and turn it into a major plotpoint.
● Gilk the goblin bootshiner who Heika later reincarnates as a halfling
A very, very ugly halfling. Gilk needs to read the book Goblin Quest by Jim Hines... it is almost a redition of his life history.

Never played the initial 3e adventure path. I think Age of Worms will stand the test of time and be seen as a true classic.

Personally, I'd like to see Freeport nominated, but I don't know that enough people played it for it to truly count.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Croesus said:
NeMoran's Vault was a good, old-style adventure that my group enjoyed immensely. A great start to a campaign. And who can resist that cheesy cover art? :)

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil was an adventure that had great potential, but was too big for its own good. Bogged down badly in the middle, but when we tried to skip much of the CRM, we got our heads handed to us. Many of the most memorable parts were the pieces the GM ad-libbed in. By the time we finished, we were heartily sick of it. Pretty much turned me off of mega-adventures (and their cousins, adventure paths).

HEY, I was going to say that.

But I think NeMoren's is a little more then just an old-school adventure. The backstory, and the way it is revealed through play (other then just read by DM), gives it the edge.

And then there is the beast. I can't emphasise how many good things are in RttToEE. But also that it is big and inflexible in such a way that makes it repetative and hard to finish. Its a problem I am trying to deal with right now.

Also, another one for Sunless Citadel. Pretty much exactly what it needed to be. What happened to the others in that series?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads