D&D 5E So what variant features from Tasha’s are you planning to use?

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
shrug it’s the main draw for me, anyway. Spending Ki to give your weapon a temporary +X modifier is fine, but kinda boring.
Well, that means the worst-case scenario is that you get to use your favorite feature from one subclass with another subclass you like better, which doesn't seem so bad to me.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I am going to use Customizing Your Origin.
Single classed characters will gain the Optional Class Features.
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. Hopefully I'll get it before December. Anyway I'm in the opposite side. I plan to not use Customizing your origin, but everything else is in "go nuts" category.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I'll probably use them all but the Favored Foe. I happen to love the PHB Favored Enemy and Natural Explorer (with the option to retrain them if they are not used), so I'll probably add Deft Explorer in addition to Natural Explorer. I dont think that would make the Ranger OP, especially when you compare it to the Paladin.

A thing that disturbed me (it shouldnt, yet it does): there no mundane archetypes presented in the book. When I say mundane, I'm not talking about no-magic per se, but less overly flashy features, spraying magical beams by every pores of your character' skin. Sure this one book is presented as a book written by a witch, so its not surprise the options are more magically oriented, but I sure wish WotC would sometime give a nod toward those who prefers less ''magically exuberant'' content.

Anyway, great book, worthwhile buy.

ScuroNotte

Explorer
I wont allow the Rogue to gain the Fighting Martial feat. Having a ranged rogue get advantage to hit with Aim and +2 to hit with Archery is a bit much.

Spell versatility would be allowed as why stick with spells that may not be appropriate and make it less fun to play. Enjoyment and friendship are the most important parts of the game.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Spell versatility would be allowed as why stick with spells that may not be appropriate and make it less fun to play. Enjoyment and friendship are the most important parts of the game.
Reportedly is not there. I can't know for sure because I haven't received mine yet.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I wont allow the Rogue to gain the Fighting Martial feat. Having a ranged rogue get advantage to hit with Aim and +2 to hit with Archery is a bit much.

Make sure to include soft cover when shooting into melee to help cover that. I think most don't bother with that, I know I often forget to include the cover bonus.

Remove ads