• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"So where do Zenythri come from?" "Ya see, when a human and a... hmmm..."

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
The templates do not exist though, so I can't follow the progression. I can see your point now, from a purely logical standpoint, but the fact it's based on a hypothetical scenario renders it moot. If there was a template, and you pointed me to it, that'd qualify as contribution. What you said is just a compaint about something we can't change.

Given that you were complaining about the lack of information regarding the zenythri's parent race - which also cannot be changed - I believe that pointing out a further lack of information regarding half-breed axiomatic and anarchic creatures is warranted.

Dozen

First Post
Given that you were complaining about the lack of information regarding the zenythri's parent race - which also cannot be changed - I believe that pointing out a further lack of information regarding half-breed axiomatic and anarchic creatures is warranted.

I don't think anyone complained about that, but they certainly mentioned it. I'd guess that was because I asked if we know what it is(to which the answer, as Belzbet pointed out in his post, should have been obviousT-T). Again, such a template would be relevant if there was one, but there is no point mentioning the lack of one other than synchronized sighing of the phrase 'if only". Others came, told me there is no race, or gave me tips on which one could be. Then you came, told me there could be another, loosely related half of a race if somebody wrote it down, and I'm still trying to figure out what can you or I or anyone on this planet gain from that.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I don't think anyone complained about that, but they certainly mentioned it. I'd guess that was because I asked if we know what it is(to which the answer, as Belzbet pointed out in his post, should have been obviousT-T). Again, such a template would be relevant if there was one, but there is no point mentioning the lack of one other than synchronized sighing of the phrase 'if only". Others came, told me there is no race, or gave me tips on which one could be. Then you came, told me there could be another, loosely related half of a race if somebody wrote it down, and I'm still trying to figure out what can you or I or anyone on this planet gain from that.

Clearly you think there's something to gain from that, since you keep engaging in the conversation. Why don't you think on that, and let me know what you come up with.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Dozen, this is a public messageboard. Just because you post a thread, that does not give you the right to dictate what can and cannot be posted in that thread. If you think a post is objectionable or disruptive, feel free to bring up with the mods, but I hardly think it productive to argue about it.

Dozen

First Post
Dozen, this is a public messageboard. Just because you post a thread, that does not give you the right to dictate what can and cannot be posted in that thread. If you think a post is objectionable or disruptive, feel free to bring up with the mods, but I hardly think it productive to argue about it.

I don't feel entitled to take control over anyone's thread, nor anyone's site for that matter. I merely have issues with being degraded as a subhuman whenever I dared not to agree with whoever I think spams what I percieved as useless trivia, to whom not giving an answer is not an option. That'd just lead to him sending me PMs about it, then if I did anything but agree or nothing at all, what could have been a violently toned, but at least decipherable argument degrade into (possibly site-wide) flamewars about privacy, politeness or whatever he can think of at the moment, as well as an outrage bringing multiple people to each side of the debate, and eventually drawing the attention of said mods who would at that point would probably kick anyone out or delete the topic to make the disaster stop(I say probably because they could be more competent than that, but I haven't seen a mod raid on this site as of yet for precedent). Instead, I take the other option and try to keep whatever debate I held in the public section of the site for everyone to see, so not a lot of outsiders actually care. It's more productive this way, really. And since he doesn't violate any rules - indeed, he is not being objectionable nor disruptive - I can't and won't report him to the mods.
Clearly you think there's something to gain from that, since you keep engaging in the conversation. Why don't you think on that, and let me know what you come up with.

Of course there is something we can gain from the conversation. There is the possibility that you are right, and I am wrong. You seem to have a right head on your shoulder, and the other users had to give you all that XP for a reason. You have blog called Intelligence Check, for crying out loud, and it fits. Of course you can be right. I'm trying to squeeze a valid answer out of you. You are the one who sidesteps the issue with silly trick answers like the quote above which I presume are supposed to send me off-rails. So I answer in return to you being annoying by being equally annoying by necessity but logically sound, which you can end by being logically sound. Or, if you are wrong, you will get convinced by me, eventually. And lastly, if you are doing this just for the debate's sake in a true troll's fashion, you'll make a mistake sooner or later and post something so glaringly idiotic on which no one will fault me for walking out.

And now that I satisfied the inquiry(at least I hope so), can we please skip this tedious Truth or Dare sequence and find a satificatory answer for mine? Because despite the sarcasm you may imagine there is in this sentence, I'm actually interested.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
And now that I satisfied the inquiry(at least I hope so), can we please skip this tedious Truth or Dare sequence and find a satificatory answer for mine? Because despite the sarcasm you may imagine there is in this sentence, I'm actually interested.

I suspect that there's little more to discuss. I've laid out why I think my initial post in this thread was relevant - namely that it's a related lack of information. To quote Stan Lee, "'nuff said."

Dozen

First Post
I suspect that there's little more to discuss. I've laid out why I think my initial post in this thread was relevant - namely that it's a related lack of information. To quote Stan Lee, "'nuff said."
Then I only ask for clarification. You are saying that, since there were halfies among the ancestors of the planetouched - halfies of which we know nothing about, never had a template, and nobody mentioned before you in the thread - not only makes what you posted relevant, but also entitles you to call me ignorant for not noticing and telling you so. In other words, I'm stupid for not having a use of the void you shoved into my face, on the grounds it could be something, even though it isn't, like if you gave me an empty cone after I asked for ice cream and when I told you I can't see anything within, you announced to everyone in the vicnity that I'm an imbecile because there could be ice cream in the cone, for goodness' sake. In your opinion, this is correct? Can't see anything wrong with it?

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Then I only ask for clarification. You are saying that, since there were halfies among the ancestors of the planetouched - halfies of which we know nothing about, never had a template, and nobody mentioned before you in the thread - not only makes what you posted relevant, but also entitles you to call me ignorant for not noticing and telling you so. In other words, I'm stupid for not having a use of the void you shoved into my face, on the grounds it could be something, even though it isn't, like if you gave me an empty cone after I asked for ice cream and when I told you I can't see anything within, you announced to everyone in the vicnity that I'm an imbecile because there could be ice cream in the cone, for goodness' sake. In your opinion, this is correct? Can't see anything wrong with it?

Actually, I think it's more like this (and, as the saying goes, I'm Batman):

batman.jpg

Dozen

First Post
Actually, I think it's more like this (and, as the saying goes, I'm Batman):

So... I got ice cream somehow? And then you kicked me in the nape for it? o_O I'm not sure where is this metaphor going, but the whole kicking business seems like an overkill. Please don't hurt me.

Anyway, you introduced Batman to the conversation, so I can't help but applaud. Bravo.

Last edited:

S

Sunseeker

I want to point out, this is one thing I miss in a lot of games of any sort these days. There's so little mystery. Used to be the strange and obscure had all sorts of rumors to how they came to be, why they were there, what they were doing, etc... Nowadays it's all "Zenythri are the sons of X, who are the children of Y who begat Z...." and so on and so forth.

Remove ads