D&D General Solasta: Crown of the Magister reaches 1.0!

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Just got a chance to start playing. Character creation was fun.

People were talking about base human, I have one. Luckily ended up working out well with the rolled stats. (I'm giving myself one reroll per character.) They are a sellsword background (medium armor) court mage (shield prof) so rather well defended for a wizard. I've also got a half-elf paladin, a hill dwarf cleric, and a sylvan elf rogue. Pretty generic, we'll see how it goes. Literally just left the base city after talking to the council so I haven't had much chance to play.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Oops, though I screwed up. I thought my dwarven cleric (law) had heavy armor prof and left him with a 7 DEX. So I'm running around with a 14 AC and he's getting shot like crazy. Wondering if I should reroll, though I don't know if I'll need to restart to do that. If it still have Heavy Armor I could take that at 4th, but he only has a 16 WIS so I was hoping to bump that.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Oops, though I screwed up. I thought my dwarven cleric (law) had heavy armor prof and left him with a 7 DEX. So I'm running around with a 14 AC and he's getting shot like crazy. Wondering if I should reroll, though I don't know if I'll need to restart to do that. If it still have Heavy Armor I could take that at 4th, but he only has a 16 WIS so I was hoping to bump that.
Get the heavy armour, a 16 wisdom will be fine for the time being

Feats have been mostly reworked. No more -5/+10 feats. Most of the combat feats seem okay but not great. Some of the non-combat feats seem really good - for example there is one that gives expertise in all the social skills if you already have proficiency in them.
This was a necessity. They can only reproduce feats that are in the SRD, and most of them (including GWM) are not.

Also applies to vumans and a lot of spells.

Last edited:

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
This was a necessity. They can only reproduce feats that are in the SRD, and most of them (including GWM) are not.

Also applies to vumans and a lot of spells.
Okay. My call out was more to let people know some of the specific mechanical changes they might want to know about before buying the game.

Remove ads