D&D 5E Solasta - is it worth playing?

Is Solasta worth playing?

• Yes, worth playing solo

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • Yes, worth playing as a group

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • No, it's not worth it

Votes: 5 8.5%

Tieflings are as PHB, with no varients. Spells are fine, but bonuses to INT and CHA are mechanically sub-optimal without multiclassing.

Rock gnome gets bonuses to crafting, which is pretty useful I guess. Shadow Gnome replaces Forest Gnome, and is rubbish IMO.

Baumi

Adventurer
I hope there will eventually a Solasta 2, where they get the full rights so they can use all the official Sub-Classes and Rules.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
This is on Game Pass, and I really want to give it a try, but my word why does the font have to be so tiny? I have horrible vision, only to read without my glasses about 3 inches from my face, and most games allow me to increase font size so I can actually read.
I tried it on xbox and the play experience was definitely a downgrade from playing the computer version. Between the controls and text issues, I quickly abandoned it on that platform.

It's a great game over all though, especially the way they faithfully implemented the 5e rule set. Just grabbed Palace of Ice last night; looking forward to playing a high level party (I don't play with the UB mod).

I hope there will eventually a Solasta 2, where they get the full rights so they can use all the official Sub-Classes and Rules.
So as someone who's never played Solasta, what approach do they take with non-OGL subclasses? Do they write their own? Cos there's a lot of OGL material out there. Kobold Press has a load at Home - KPOGL for instance. If i'm a moderately prominent 3pp I'd be doing my best to get in their ears and get my stuff in their game, to be honest.

Oofta

Legend
So as someone who's never played Solasta, what approach do they take with non-OGL subclasses? Do they write their own? Cos there's a lot of OGL material out there. Kobold Press has a load at Home - KPOGL for instance. If i'm a moderately prominent 3pp I'd be doing my best to get in their ears and get my stuff in their game, to be honest.
They wrote their own, as well as their own feats and racial variants. So for example your wizard can be a shock arcanist who automatically casts certain evocation spells at one level higher.

Remove ads