D&D General [Solitaire Play] New entry : B2 the Caves of Chaos

atanakar

Hero
When heavy snow falls and high winds hit my region (or high and humid temperatures), it's time to solo play to test a new RPG in order to determine if I want to use it with other players. You could also do this to test a dungeon crawl or hex crawl you've created. Or maybe you have no one to play with localy and don't like playing online.

I first did this in the 80s with the Barbarian Prince game. It had a hex map, a miniature and an adventure booklet. A was a lot of fun but very difficult to finish. Now I use dungeon tiles and miniatures from the D&D boardgames. Accesories are from the out of print Mage Knight Dungeons game by Wizkids. Of course you don't need these to solo play. For general guidance in solitaire play I use the excellent The Solo Adventuer's Toolbox (D&D5e) available on the DMGuild. You can use it with other fantasy RPG systems.

Testing Fantasy AGE by Green Ronin: Rescue the Mayor

Last edited:

atanakar

Hero
Solitaire play is back on the menu because of the pandemic. I'll be returning to Daggenberg using Fantasy AGE. Magda the rogue, Farrdim the elf mage and Pardriss the warrior will see some action soon.

Campbelden

Villager
How about we play together? I'd be happy if we could. I haven't started playing it that long, but that would be cool if you could help me out. I also play freecell online to break up the stressful time battles. I've lost many times because I wasn't keeping track of time, and I ran out of time per turn. Because of this, my whole strategy collapsed, and I had to start the game again every time. That's why I played more against the computer, which is where the storyline is, so that's fine. You develop a lot of skills playing this game. You have to think of a strategy and how not to be tricked.

Last edited:

Remove ads