Solo Gaming

Dave G

First Post
*sigh*

My group's falling apart before we can even get off the ground. Due to schedule complications and people's unwillingness to commit to meeting every other week, I finally just told everyone "I'm going to be in the basement every other Sunday and whoever's there can play."

Unfortunately it looks like for at least the first session, it's going to be me and one other guy.

So I guess I'm going to have us make up characters and leave the ones we created for when more of the party can get together, but I haven't really run a game for a single player since I was in middle school.

Any thoughts on what type of adventure I should plan? Any suggestions for published adventures for solo games? Any advice in general?

Thanks,
The Frustrated DM

Dave G

First Post
Paka said:
I love solo games.

What is the character like?

I'd start with the character and work from there.
Unfortunately I don't know yet. I have a call into the guy who's going to be there, so hopefully he'll call me back and we can talk about that. I'm thinking of keeping this urban based, and playing a character of my own to help out and provide more interaction.

I've got a few ideas for starting, but you're right in that it's really going to depend upon the character.

Some of the things I'm thinking are:

1. City Guard hiring Ratcatchers to clean out the top level of the sewers.
2. Alchemist needs some ingredients from a place a little outside of town.
3. Rumors of an illegal pitfighting ring has the Marshal looking for someone to infiltrate and report back on their findings.
4. Priest at the temple of X notices that an elderly member of the church has missed a few Sundays and wants someone to go make sure all is well.

Paka

Explorer
Dave G said:
Some of the things I'm thinking are:

1. City Guard hiring Ratcatchers to clean out the top level of the sewers.
2. Alchemist needs some ingredients from a place a little outside of town.
3. Rumors of an illegal pitfighting ring has the Marshal looking for someone to infiltrate and report back on their findings.
4. Priest at the temple of X notices that an elderly member of the church has missed a few Sundays and wants someone to go make sure all is well.

You could pitch these ideas to him, see which one tickles him and then he could make his character to fit the adventure concept.

Remove ads