The full cover spread for Phandelver and Below, by Antonio José Manzanedo
GeekWire has reported on the recent D&D press event (which I've covered elsewhere). Along with all the upcoming product information we've all been devouring over the last day or two, there were some interesting tidbits regarding D&D player demographics.
- 60% of D&D players are male, 39% are female, and 1% identify otherwise
- 60% are “hybrid” players, who switch between playing the game physically or online
- 58% play D&D on a weekly basis
- 48% identify as millennials, 19% from Generation X and 33% from Generation Z
- The majority of current D&D players started with 5th Edition