D&D General Some Interesting Stats About D&D Players!

Did you know that the majority of current D&D players started with 5th Edition?

Phandelver-and-Below_Cover-Art_-Art-by-Antonio-Jose-Manzanedo-1260x832.jpg

The full cover spread for Phandelver and Below, by Antonio José Manzanedo

GeekWire has reported on the recent D&D press event (which I've covered elsewhere). Along with all the upcoming product information we've all been devouring over the last day or two, there were some interesting tidbits regarding D&D player demographics.
  • 60% of D&D players are male, 39% are female, and 1% identify otherwise
  • 60% are “hybrid” players, who switch between playing the game physically or online
  • 58% play D&D on a weekly basis
  • 48% identify as millennials, 19% from Generation X and 33% from Generation Z
  • The majority of current D&D players started with 5th Edition

That adds to 100%. My father does not even count being a Boomer at age 75. I know that Wizards are not looking at him for their product stream, move to online play, or cultural sensitivity. Likely not even looking at us Gen-x people anymore. :cry:
I feel ya. As a Gen-Xer who has one Boomer in his gaming group, I feel barely relevant. But I guess one of the nice thing about getting older is that I don't really care about that stuff much anymore. If I can sit down with friends, tell a good story, roll some dice, and have some laughs then it's a good day.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I noticed that as well. Half the people at my table aren't in that list. I guess boomers are millennials now? :unsure:

No. It is just that your table represents under 1% of the gaming population. If they are being really good about their numbers, under half of one percent.

Congrats! You are now justified in taking "Statistical Outlier" as your user title.

Remove ads

Remove ads